Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1991 or 1992 Shimano XT MC1

Re: Klein Attitude Team USA Dolomite 1990 Shimano XT MC1

mkozaczek":16176qa8 said:
Sigh... My work here is done.

It's more than likely a 1992 (1990 was AT and A) and Top Guns became Rascals not Pinnacles.

"more than likely" is far from conclusive. Given that the prior owner purchased it in 1991 and that the frame has an "A" serial number, which you suggest os 1990, I am sticking to my theory until conclusively proven otherwise. Thank you for your opinion and for the correction. Take care.

A does not equal AOB unless I missed something in elementary school.

Decals are 92, fork is 92, MC1 cap does not say Klein, should I go on?

See this is why you should have just said Klein for sale, price and go on about it. Instead of trying to debate way out of your comfort zone.

read closer.
AO is the serial number on the uniklein fork.
the frame serial number is A7F7, which by my understanding is very early. if I am wrong please educate me rather than making condescending remarks.

ylwgto":2b04b7or said:
read closer.
the frame serial number is A7F7, which by my understanding is very early. if I am wrong please educate me rather than making condescending remarks.

AT are 1990 and in many cases the down tube cable inlets higher up on the tube. I've heard some say As were from 1990 but haven't seen one myself. In my personal registry I have 4 As and they were all distinctly 1992.

mkozaczek":11lk6kld said:
ylwgto":11lk6kld said:
read closer.

AT are 1990 and in many cases the down tube cable inlets higher up on the tube. I've heard some say As were from 1990 but haven't seen one myself. In my personal registry I have 4 As and they were all distinctly 1992.

thank you. that is useful information.

i would concede had not the previous owner distinctly told me she purchased it in early 1991 for her husband. perhaps this bike is an exception to your registy.

in any case, I never claimed that the bike was assembled and sold in 1990. additionally, I am not disputing that the bike was sold, and even likely painted/decaled, later than 1990. i am simple theorizing that the frame was constructed and stamped in 1990 and sold later in 1991.

can we agree that it is at least a possibility?

Believe what you want, it makes no difference to me or for your asking price. It's a 1992 and that's a ok.

mkozaczek":11ra0j7h said:
Believe what you want, it makes no difference to me or for your asking price. It's a 1992 and that's a ok.

i find it very hard to believe it makes no difference to you given your onslaught.

take care.

mkozaczek":1yzp07mu said:

AT are 1990 and in many cases the down tube cable inlets higher up on the tube

i'm not trying to provoke any further argument, but there is another 1990 Attitude on ebay right now that appears identical to mine (with the exception of the fork of course). is this seller wrong as well or am i missing something?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Klein-Atti ... 5d445dd63d

same decals, same MC1 cap, same cable entry points, similar build kit (mainly).

again, not trying to be a PITA, just want to know why my bike is so different than this 1990 bike (fork aside).

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I would consider the other one a mid to late 1991 seeing the decals and the fork.

Seeing the price and overall condition of that bike you might consider changing the 3 into a 4. Quadrupling the own buying price would be amazing, wouldn't it?

mkozaczek":van0649s said:
A does not equal AOB unless I missed something in elementary school.

See this is why you should have just said Klein for sale, price and go on about it. Instead of trying to debate way out of your comfort zone.

The OP suggests this may be a 1990 frame built up for sale in 1991 so the plain cap is entirely consistent. Same would apply were the forks to have been a replacement. Decals are hardly a great indicator as there was not a 100% consistency, I would take a frame number as indicator of when a bike was made, then other variables to indicate when it was sold.

Seller seems to be fairly straight with this and it is a good price.

I don't get the reasoning behind the tone of the negative posts.

Maybe it's just a Klein fan boy thing.

Back