Klein Attitude 1998 Mountain Bike (Large), Lovely Condition

GarethDes

Retro Newbie
The time has come to sell my lovely 1998 Klein Attitude MTB. I bought her new in June 1998 for £900 and within a year had upgraded the post, seat, handlebars, cranks, pedals (SPD) and stem for better quality (lighter) components. About another £250 spent and perhaps 200 grammes saved... Other work has included a new bottom bracket around 10 years ago (it had developed a squeak) and she's been serviced every year except for a gap of 6 years between 2001 and 2006 when she was in a garage while I was overseas. The bike has only really been lightly used, perhaps 10 or 15 rides a year on forest tracks over the years and, recently, hardly at all - hence the great condition of the frame which has only the slightest nicks and dings in the lovely paint. Amazing condition for a 17-year-old classic MTB. No cracks or distortion of the precision gradient aluminium frame whatsoever. She rides beautifully; agile and fast, but I'm now pretty much a road/light trail rider so my hybrid is the preferred ride these days so... she has to go.

I know that there are many enthusiasts out there for Kleins, sadly no longer made, and I'm determined that she goes to someone who will love and appreciate her as much as I have so no silly offers please I don't need the money that much! I'll sell her for £999 cash but will consider all sensible offers over £500. The bike is also currently advertised on eBay.

The photographs pretty much tell the whole story but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. However, I'm not much of a Bike Geek so please don't expect me to know the specification inside-out. Having said that, a true Klein lover will know what he's looking at. I've included a photo of the measurement from the C/L of the seat tube to the C/L of the headset tube for reference, but this is the largest frame that Klein offered at the time and it fits me just fine; I'm 6'3" or 191cm if you've been metricated. Riders under 5'9" will want a smaller frame.

I live in Fleet, Hampshire, which is just past Farnborough on the M3 heading to Southampton from London. Central London is an hour's drive and Southampton 45 minutes. Local collection only although, for a small fee I may consider delivering her to destinations within a 30 minute drive if you're nice to me and offer me a cup of tea when I arrive :)

Attachments

• IMG_3379.jpg
    IMG_3379.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 311

Latest posts

Back