Klein Adroit 1993 Gator, my very personal holy grail

obi-wan-mtb":1uxfkl8y said:
Always nice to read back this thread. Such a nice bike I keep on looking at over and over again....

Thanks a lot for your kind words! I am glad I could share some memories from that cool time with that build. Here some more detail shots to enjoy:

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 875
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 875
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 875
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 875
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 875
  • F.jpg
    F.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 875
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 875
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 875
espresso":2wdy45jf said:
The idea behind the project was to realize my teenage dream.

Fantastic! Well done! :D

I think many of us here can relate to your ambition completely! To ultimately own the bike we wanted as kids but could never afford, and achieve it to the maximum standard possible! :cool:

Re:

Gorgeous bike, but I'm betting that it was even more costly to put it together today, than it would have been to buy it back then (dollar per dollar) ...

Re: Re:

k-rod":2xcqg70g said:
Gorgeous bike, but I'm betting that it was even more costly to put it together today, than it would have been to buy it back then (dollar per dollar) ...
Unfortunately, you are right. Even not calculating all the hours for searching and trading parts to collect them finally :mrgreen:

Not to take anything from the beauty of this bike, but the way photos were taken just give it that edge it has!

Watched the thread many times - just wonderful!

Do you ride it or is it garage queen?

You are right; the photos are brilliant. When finishing the bike I was extremely happy and satisfy to fulfill my teenage dream. Two to three weeks later, when the photos were taken I was even happier. It is so nice to have the photos and to share them with all of you. Especially the beauty I see in the bike is transported very well.

I am not riding the bike. I know, it is a shame. And I would like to. But I also want to preserve the history in the best way I can. For me it is a piece of art; not only a mountainbike.

espresso":i5ejwp08 said:
...I also want to preserve the history in the best way I can. For me it is a piece of art; not only a mountainbike.

Amen to that! :D :cool:

:shock: wow, sorry, I meant WOW!! :shock:

I personally think bikes should be ridden, they were designed for that, along with all the components, no matter how rare/exclusive/expensive. It seems a waste, but, there is no denying that is truly a piece of art. Tough choice! I can almost see the justification to not ride it. Then again, a bike is surely only a bike if it is ridden !?

Anyway, I am curious, I know you have explained the crank set already, but, if the bike is purely for art or to recreate your dreams then surely a different one was envisioned !? The black works really well, it shows off the frame very well, but as you gaze up that's then contradicted by the abundance of colour elsewhere. If you are going to add colour to a frame like that then personally I don't think it can be over done. :cool: all this of course is irrelevant as it is your bike, and I doubt anyone, including myself, would refuse this!? Truly stunning!!!

Mark.

And the excellent photography really compliments. :cool:

Back