Kettler Adventure XR 1995

Thanks, guys. :)

Now I will replace the LX 7speed shifter/levers to XT 8speed(ST-M739, that is good for the V-brakes), and if I found XT parallel V-brakes in good price, I will change them, too. Then slowly it has got a full XT set from 1996(M737 and M739). :)

Szia! Jo napot!

Ah, some Hungarian retro-ness. I spend a fair bit of time in Budapest during the year and see a fair few cyclists but very few retro-bikes. Those damn Russians :-(

That said I did see a wicked Breezer, circa 1992, bombing it down from the castle.

Re:

Hi!
:)

Yep, here the retro bikes are not too popular, yet. Mostly the new branded bikes are popular (1-5years old Meridas, KTMs, GTs, etc.).
Or, the other line, the 100$ bikes from the supermarket...
I send the frame number to the Kettler factory, and they said, the bike is made by hidrotubing, and melted by hand in 1994.

There is some retro goodness in Buda; I bought a few NOS parts for the Kapu from a seller out there. Well priced and genuine.

Re:

Hm, I don't know, who can be that. :)

About my bike, sloooooowly I change the break/shifter levers and the cassette to M739/M737 XT, and try to buy an M739 XT V-brake set... Then, it will be a nice retro bike from the late 90's. :)
On the first weekend of July, I will go to the SpiritOfBalaton tour, what is a tour around the lake Balaton (220Km) within 24 Hours. :)
Anybody interested about it? :) I can help about the accommodation. :)

Any excuse to go around Balaton and maybe stop for a new cheeky glasses of the excellent wine sounds good to me. Sadly it doesn't coincide with my next trip out.

Angyalpor said:
Hi!
. :) I don't want to call them "retro", because I born in 1979... :)

Awww man. Then I must be vintage if not antique. O dear.
Like the paint on that bike. Reminds me of the sparkle black on the old Explosif Pro. Enjoy it and welcome.

Re:

I'm glad, if You like it!
My friend has got a Toyota Avensis, from 2004, it has got almost the same painting. :)
Black, and in bright sunshine with red and silver pieces. :)

Awwwww, my M737 XT set is almost complete... :)

Saturday I will install an M737 freehub, with an M737 cassette, and the M739 levelers.
So, my 737 XT set soon will be ready, just I need to change the front STX hub, and change my Tektro V-brakes for M739.
I will keep the STX-SE crankset, because it's cool. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4382.JPG
    IMG_4382.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_4383.JPG
    IMG_4383.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 295
Back