Good Idea? Bad Idea? Karma Section.

• Good Idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Idea.

• We have enough sections.

• Total voters
In the past I have looked at the wanted ads and just PM them. If are willing to pay for an item I figure they want it and wont just sell it on.

It would also be good to see pics of the karma parts being used.

good intention, bad idea imho.

people will go in there to find cheap / free bits just on the off chance they will use them rather than those who could do with the part & are either financially embarrassed or similar.

maybe have a karma shake-up in the fs section where all karma items have to be put into their own threads, marked as karma & a time for the lucky number to be drawn is mentioned in the post? this has worked well, and very fairly for larger / more expensive items so maybe encourage the use of this style of giveaway rather than first dibs.

the problem i have with karma stuff is that i have sent loads of bits and bobs out completely foc, maybe asked them to pop a couple of quid in then next charity pot they see, and i reckon 50% of people dont even let me know when its arrived let alone say thanks.

will it stop me doing it? nope. if it keeps a bike on the road then all is good.

people selling on karma items? fine be me. it wont be me coming back as justin beibers favourite arse drying towel.

Dr S":9xcqbcc5 said:
What this site desperately needs is a new technical section if anything. The number of stuck seatposts/ mashed BB/ polishing my Zaskar/ which paint/ removing anno threads
are getting tiresome. Not only that but some of the offered solutions and replies are downright crazy and sometimes dangerous!

It would need a good moderator who knows their onions though.

Yeah, a technical FAQs type thing.

Also, "How to tell if your GT frame is a Zaskar".

Great idea. Can't wait to stay logged on all the time to see what I can get for nothing, even things I might not know yet that I need desperately! I could even build up a stock of stuff for future projects, just in case.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

brocklanders023":1nigpma1 said:
drystonepaul":1nigpma1 said:
In my very own personal opinion, there is already lots of karma which takes place on here which goes relatively unannounced, without turning it into a public display of generosity or faux generosity.

Changed my mind and agree with Paul. No need to draw attention, if you want to give sumfink away just stick it in the FS section.

Agree

i've karma'd stuff + got karma stuff here on the site and at the national ride events(thanks to all) it seems to work ok as is so i'd just keep doing what we do.
cheers
spence.

I've given stuff away and it turns up back on the site for sale which stings a bit

I've been given some amazing stuff from certain members and have used those bits to finish or upgrade bikes.

I've been slated by some members (thankfully now gone) for faux karma despite the fact it was all genuine. That really hurt.

I even promised some stuff but gave up on it all when things turned sour

And finally, most of the stuff I've given away I ended up bloody well needing for another project!

You just cannot win...

Back