KARMA - Foes Weasel, Verlicchi/Sintesi - cracked swingarms

BigSud

Dirt Disciple
Dec 25 - the Foes has gone to Australia. Merry Christmas to it. :cool:

Just the Verlicchi left - c'mon, someone dibs it and make my day.

-------------

Free to a good home - you pay postage. I'll dismantle and pack them small and well.

The Foes is an early Weasel, I'm guessing around '95 as it has no disc tab and has a 1-1/4" headset. Seat tube is 31.8, frame size is large.

What's wrong? The derailleur hanger has been munted (a technical term http://www.3news.co.nz/nznews/munted-vo ... z3uqtWPSWg) by somebody with a welder.

The swingarm also has a crack on the underside, basically under the canti boss. Neither of these is uncommon.

But it has the bearing conversion - this bike would originally have had a Delrin bush.

The Verlicchi/Sintesi/LARM or whatever its called is also a large frame, also with a cracked swingarm. The seat tube is 34.9 and the headset is 1-1/4". It comes with the bizarre-sized (29.2...) Syncros post.

Somebody had painted the swingarm and I got suspicious as to why, so stripped it and found that the anodizing had faded near the pivot. Close inspection showed that it has been repaired once by welding, and has now failed somewhere else. The Marzocchi shock works and holds air.

The swingarm is now cracked from the cable stop rivet hole on the drive side. The non-drive side is fine.

The derailleur hanger needs a framesaver/dropout saver bush.

I'm in New Zealand, so shipping to the UK is likely to be about $100 - $130 of our south pacific pesos (the NZ dollar is worth about 45p). I can't confirm that cost though until I pack the frame in question and go to the post office.

I figured these might be useful to people who had broken the other end of their bikes. I know Weasel frames would occasionally break near the swingarm pivot, or at the top shock mount, but this one has no cracks that I can find - and I'm a serial Manitou owner so if they were there I'd find them... The frame had Foes F1 forks on it, and is drilled on the front of the head tube to take the fork stop that Foes supplied with the F1s. Yes, they're properly engineered things!

I know nothing about the Verlicchi. It seems well made, and uses nice big chunky junctions with very tidy welding. Looks to be a quality item.

Attachments

• Weasel small.jpg
    Weasel small.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Dropout front small.jpg
    Dropout front small.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Swingarm crack small.jpg
    Swingarm crack small.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Bearing conversion small.jpg
    Bearing conversion small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,265
  • Verlicchi small.jpg
    Verlicchi small.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Verlicchi pivot and shock small.jpg
    Verlicchi pivot and shock small.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 1,264
  • Verlicchi crack small.jpg
    Verlicchi crack small.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Verlicchi dropout small.jpg
    Verlicchi dropout small.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,265
Re:

Have they both gone?? Even not what was total posted??

Re:

You said you were unsure what postage cost would be to send . Was wondering if you had a total of what it would be ?

Ahh, sorry - I get it now!

The Foes won't need to be posted - it will end up being hand-carried across the Tasman to Oz - so I haven't looked into it any further.

But I'll pack the Verlicchi up over the next week, and get a solid estimate - as I read the original post again, its probably a bit too vague on costs to be useful. Sorry all.

If you do want it, I've got a Kona sticker here somewhere, so that will make it OK for you to have it without upsetting the rest of the stable :)

BigSud":3d7rlqwh said:
Ahh, sorry - I get it now!

The Foes won't need to be posted - it will end up being hand-carried across the Tasman to Oz - so I haven't looked into it any further.

But I'll pack the Verlicchi up over the next week, and get a solid estimate - as I read the original post again, its probably a bit too vague on costs to be useful. Sorry all.

If you do want it, I've got a Kona sticker here somewhere, so that will make it OK for you to have it without upsetting the rest of the stable :)

:LOL: :LOL: :cool:

Cool thank you

Re:

If anyone else wants a early foes, i have the same as above which is 70% throu a restoration.

Back