Just written out my C.V.

legrandefromage":8kwxcni0 said:
I'm absolutely gutted... :cry:

I've just phoned the company asking for the name of the person I was supposed to send my details to and they've said 'positioned filled, please go away..'

on the basis that they are only 0.7 miles away, i think it's time to buy a box of eggs and take a little walk/ride in their direction and practise your best baseball throw!!

there is no excuse for being rude to someone looking for a job especially if you didn't employ them, they still have the hassle and stress of looking.

Not sure what you call the in the UK, but in the US they have recruitment agencies whose job it is to send your CV (resume in US parlance) to employers and talk up your skills with the hiring manager. Many companies work almost exclusively with a recruiter and those recruiters see available positions before they're advertised to the general public. Typically these recruiters receive a commission from the employer if the candidate they proposed for the position is hired; and since that commission is based on the candidate's salary, the recruiter is self motivated to try and get the highest possible salary for his candidate because, again, he's going to get a percentage based on the salary. If you haven't worked with one before, I suggest you try talking to at least one.

I have applied for literally hundreds of jobs since about October, without a thing. Last interview was very promising, but no dice.

I've given up for now, I'm going to finish my degree full time and see what's happening in a couple of years.

Don't waste your time on the ones that got away, though. If they are such a bunch of rude, disorganised twunts on the phone, imagine what they'd be like to work for!

if i hear of any jobs going your way in road safety are you up for i....teaching cycling to 9 year olds and some road safety stuff thrown in as well?i get internal emails for jobs for councils before they go public...the job is easy and fun (where else pays you to ride your own bike round playgrounds ?()ps where are you again?

cchris2lou":qmwjylg5 said:
JeRkY":qmwjylg5 said:
I may be updating my CV come friday :(

oh dear .

you have been there long have you ?

No just come up to 12 months. I knew it was potentially risky job when I took it. A new start company funded by the London development agency, during the credit crunch. When I joined I was told funding should be good for 18months/2 years. However the Olyimpics have left a massive hole in the LDA finances, and this year has seen the LDA's budget go from £400m to £40m. All of which leaves the LDA having to go back on its previously agreed funding deals.

Its 50/50 whether our funding will get pulled, but either way its likely to see everyone put on their 3 month notice as a precaution.

Still I am not too upset by this news, I seem to be lucky in my unlucky moments, I am 28 have been made redundant twice already, but each time has seen me progress to bigger and better things....so fingers crossed!

Just a shame our company could lose out because of the financial missmanagement of the LDA's olympic money pot.... The Olympics have always bored me any way!

Back