Just plain dangerous? (ebay content)

fettler

Senior Retro Guru
Having owned a few of these Pace Renthal bars I know how thin the aluminium is. Still amazes me after 20 years. After seeing these on ebay I can't imagine who (I can) would try to sell them as a usable item. The gouge in the middle is probably nearly through the wall thickness, I imagine them as being death on a stick/facial reconstruction but I'd be interested to see others views on this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-Pace-R ... SwmcJdbouK

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Bloody hell :? I quite agree, as a Dentist and ex Maxillo Facial Surgeon I would not like to see the results of those breaking

Having done some metallurgy on Renthal stuff in the last few years, I wouldn't touch that with a feather. They also made some super fragile bar clamps that gave more than a few owners a trip to the Dentist.

Re:

Defo a withdrawal from sale item :facepalm:

Like others, I told the seller and he messaged to wish ‘us’ all well and removed the item.

Back