July 2017 ride: Sussex by the Sea - Roadking and Mike Muz 67

Re:

Ahh a little drop of oil on that chain and a rub with a rag and a quick squirt of GT85 and it will be good as new ;)

Re:

Two weeks today and our Sussex by the Sea ride will be over...or we'll be in the pub !!! Are those that have posted still intending to ride ?

I'll be around in Rustington on the Friday, if you pm me I'll forward my mobile. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Cheers, Jon.

P.S not sure what I'll be riding, my Philbrook build has temporarily stalled and Ron is sulking !

Re:

All things being well I'm still coming along, will be brining the les ephgrave road path...made up with a multitude of different aged parts :0. But at least I can actually ride it at last ;)

Mick

Re:

Yes, I'll be there, hope the weather will be like today!

Mike

Re: Re:

godders":11mkz1b0 said:
Well I'm coming along on a single speed so hopefully I will get the gearing right or I'm going to have busy legs!!! ;)

Mick

Mick I'm trying to get this old Raleigh built in time for this ride and just wondered what kind of gearing you're running on yours? It's going to be single speed and I wasn't really sure how to gear it as I'm more used to mtb's.

tim75":9yv7smk0 said:
godders":9yv7smk0 said:
Well I'm coming along on a single speed so hopefully I will get the gearing right or I'm going to have busy legs!!! ;)

Mick

Mick I'm trying to get this old Raleigh built in time for this ride and just wondered what kind of gearing you're running on yours? It's going to be single speed and I wasn't really sure how to gear it as I'm more used to mtb's.

Hi Tim, at the moment mine has 42/18 which us a bit undergeared really but I've had a problem with my knee so will probably leave it as it is for a while ;) but a fit young thing like yourself should be fine with 46/18 or 46/16 if my knee was ok then I would be going for the 46/16 at least on this ride, it's a try it and see thing really.... Know anyone with a ss you can try?
Mick :)

godders":2chidc8q said:
tim75":2chidc8q said:
godders":2chidc8q said:

Mick

Hi Tim, at the moment mine has 42/18 which us a bit undergeared really but I've had a problem with my knee so will probably leave it as it is for a while ;) but a fit young thing like yourself should be fine with 46/18 or 46/16 if my knee was ok then I would be going for the 46/16 at least on this ride, it's a try it and see thing really.... Know anyone with a ss you can try?
Mick :)

That's kind of what I thought, thanks Mick.

Re:

Ok I haven't had time to paint this bike mainly due to stripped threads on one crank, a funny shaped bottom bracket which I didn't have a tool for, a brake which wouldn't reach the rim as the wheels are the wrong size and a stuck seatpost which I had to remove with caustic soda. But it is working and I have been out on a test ride and it actually goes quite well so I'll be there on Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_20170712_175357179resize.jpg
    IMG_20170712_175357179resize.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 1,185
Back