Jones complete bike - sold

clubby

MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Selling my complete Jones Spaceframe bike. Had it since August '15 but the SC 5010 I bought earlier this year means I'm not using it much and I'd rather free up the space and cash for non bike things.

Green Jones steel spaceframe and truss forks. Black Chris King headset. Thomson stem, seatpost and seat clamp. Bontrager Evoke race saddle. Jones loop bars, with Bontrager lock on grips and the rest wrapped in ESI tape (comfy and grippy). Guide RS brakes, 180 front 160 rear. Hope BB and Middleburn cranks ( 32T uno ring). 1x10 XT gearing.
Front 135mm FDS Hope Fatsno hub, Rear Deore XT (3 months old, was on Alfine before that)
Surly Rabbit Hole 29er rims front and rear.
Currently onto winter tyres, Dirt Wizard front and Magic Mary rear, but will also include summer tyre combo of Chronicle front and Ardent rear. Also have spare single speed dropout.

Bike's been well helitaped and is in great condition.

Looking for £1800 delivered.

Re:

I love the look of those, really fancy one at some point but no funds currenly :(

How does it ride?

Good luck with the sale. :cool: (Unless you'll take Jaffa Cakes???

Re: Re:

cherrybomb":2ijbr7fx said:
How does it ride?

Different. Takes a bit of getting used to, but feels good once you stop trying to make it feel like a "normal" bike. Very rear weighted, which makes it great on steep downs, but also works very well on steep climbs. I'm the only rider in my group to clean one very awkward climb and it was on this.

Re:

That's brilliant- just what I wanted to hear. They're beautiful in an ugly kind of way and I was dreading you were going to say "yeah, its alright I suppose"

Can't see it taking long to sell at that price, just wish I had the cash. :cool:

Back