"JMC" Grey Prolong 'S' Ti saddle restoration/renovation

Good knowledge.

And I think catalogue specs usually release mid year or late summer to get the Xmas market, so may well have been acquired during the later part of the year prior whilst being specked as the following year. Whilst don’t know if frame serial numbers also followed that trend.

We don’t have a 1994 Specialized S-works catalogue in the archives off memory, just the regular catalogue. Although you can see the TEAM bikes a bit in the opening photos of the following year’s catalogue.

From Spesh 94 Accessories catalogue, saddles page. Only perf & grey showing is Ti rails. Translates as follows:

New, more comfortable design with a slack "nose handle" and a rounded back. Saddle cover made of high-quality leather with a perforated pattern. Cross brace design for controlled deflection. Super light titanium rails.

All 94 Stumpies had Perforated Saddles, even a few Rockhoppers. No info on S works yet....

1657970089947.png

1657970605926.png

My regular Grey Prolong has just been @Peachy! -fied

Amazing work, here's the before and after pics.

This was a well worn leather saddle from a much used 1995 Stumpjumper. I'd attempted a bit of restoration with shoe polish and glue, to no avail except a bunch of clamp marks on the leather. Peachy has brought it back to its former glory.

Big Kudos to Peachy and great that he offers this service to the members.

Back