Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds...

For a project at university I walked the route that the journalist takes from Maybury Hill in Woking to Primrose Hill in London, documented it with photos and then had to make it into a book. Took 3 or 4 days of walking with the odd train ride as well. Still got the book somewhere. My all time favourite novel and certainly one of my favourite albums.

Back then I think many people bought this album along with ELO's Out of the Blue, Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon, Led Zeps Song Remains the same & possibly Deep Purples Made in Japan.

kermitgreenkona88":1qp22def said:
I also love listening to the Orson Welles version that scared the crap out of America in the 30's :cool: ;)

Please elaborate?

Red weed FTW.

Thunderchild's my favourite 'single' from the album, dun dun dun, da na na, da na na

gtRTSdh":1t6jo73w said:
kermitgreenkona88":1t6jo73w said:
I also love listening to the Orson Welles version that scared the crap out of America in the 30's :cool: ;)

Please elaborate?

Red weed FTW.

Thunderchild's my favourite 'single' from the album, dun dun dun, da na na, da na na

Narrated by Orson in the 30's as a news style bulletin format, it is reported to have caused panic in the US as some listeners didn't hear a disclaimer at the beginning of the show.

Carl

Back