Jean Todt is the new FIA pesident

Dr S":2j9eprx0 said:
F1 is doomed.

New British world champ?

New team won both?

New teams for next year?

New races?

Not a chance. (least not in the short term)

.....i would have been happy with aari vatanen....(is that spelt correctly?).....or todt......either signals the end for spanky mosley and that must be a new start!!

Dr S":3imtrp4q said:
Mr Todt beat Ari Vatanen by 135 votes to 49.

So probably more of the same for motorsport then. A black day.

Si

Both came from a rally background so maybe not as black as once thought?

never a fan of Bernie 'i hold all the cards' Ecclestone,but im not sure about the new appointment,i have to say that i agree with Si,Ari would have been a colourful choice,i reckon Todt will be by the numbers rulebook boy. F1 needs all the action and support it can get right now after the poor attempt to drum up support by leaking that Schuey was coming back to the press.

New champion/team.... slightly ot but my happiness at seeing the 'skint/brand new/totally unprepared' Brawn team was tempered a fair bit by hearing that Honda gave them £100 million as a golden do what you like gift!!!

Jean todt has to be better than the spanky nazi though... ;)

Was Jean todt with Peugot or Lancia? My poor old brain can't remember that far back :roll: I was thinking Lancia, but when I see his face in my mind all I can see is Peugot T16 :shock:

Toad was at Peugoet from 84 until into the 90's. He masterminded the WRC campaign, endurance Rallies (Dakar, Pikes Peak etc.) and then Peugoets Le Mans campaign (victory in 1992?) before going on to Ferarri.
Lancia boss was Cesere Fiorio back then. Also went to the Scuderia eventually.

BTW, Honda's kiss off was to pay off debts run up by the team to outside suppliers and to pay off the staff that were to be made redundant. £100million is not much in F1 terms, its about what Ferarri spend on Engine and Transmission in a season. You can't take it away from Brawn that they have done a great job this year. Might be even better with Rosberg next year too.

Back