It's the season for Peugeot 653 Athena's !

Hello - Recently taken delivery of a Peugeot Athena, it's in excellent original condition.Just in the process of replacing the tubular tyres which is all new to me.

If you don't like the medium cage, it will work fine with a short. You just have to run the chain slightly loose and not use the small/small and large/large combos (Which you shouldn't use anyway!)

You must be just around the corner from me (Stewarton). I have a similar themed Colnago ('94 Superissimo with Record Ti 9spd) and am building a Peugeot 753 Perthus for Pendle Witches / Eroica next year. Have been thinking about Wheelers, but with a gym membership, tri club membership etc, there's not a lot of spare cash left for more clubs!

Maca":15gav6ab said:
Are we going to get to see some pics soon then ?

Hi Maca -
The bike is currently on the workshop stand having been cleaned from end to end, nothing has escaped the cleaning cloth.
Due to the bike being in very good used condition, this looks to be a very light restoration, if you can call it that.
The bike is fitted Campagnolo group set,14 speed indexed gear. Just need to replace the bar tape, was going to be dark pink, but will probably go black, the tyres (Tubs)need to be replaced, hope to have that all sorted by Friday with the goal for a test ride at the weekend, weather permitting of course.

Back