Its purple, very purple... and yellow

MudHungry":2m3ks9q9 said:
looks the works! A yellow Flite would compliment this one for sure.

Are those regular road-bars? If used as a commuter why not stick on some non-period STI brifters?

But still, looks like cream to me :cool:

needs a yellow flite, yup.

STI simply doesnt work with MTB front mechs (Campagnolo does though - lots of clicks)

I knew this would have drops on it the day I clapped eyes on it...

legrandefromage":1jum3to6 said:
STI simply doesnt work with MTB front mechs (Campagnolo does though - lots of clicks)

:? I didn't know that (I'm a noob to mixing road and MTB, sorry) - but what if you put on a road-derailleur? and most important: how come? Is there a difference in cable-travel?

Shame, I was going to do just that (put STI's on a MTB), looks like it's changing plans and turning the bugger into SS :cool:

MudHungry":1bomje8o said:
legrandefromage":1bomje8o said:

:? I didn't know that (I'm a noob to mixing road and MTB, sorry) - but what if you put on a road-derailleur? and most important: how come? Is there a difference in cable-travel?

Shame, I was going to do just that (put STI's on a MTB), looks like it's changing plans and turning the bugger into SS :cool:

Road shifters pull different amounts cable for the front mech. you can get them to work but it takes ages. A road triple front mech is handy if using STI

campag has lots of clicks whereas the STi I've used so far has a couple which is bloody annoying.

Back