it's postage... AND PACKING!!!

I have yet to bring bags shopping with me - and every looks at me as if i am mad when i have to buy them!

Richard

p.s. perhaps i just look mad normally...

haven't read all this but I am the opposite. I charge as littles as possible for post and packing - if I took my tiem into account - and I would charge £ 60 an hour for my time, noone would pay for my prices.

I therefore dislike when people try to make money of postage and packing and chose not to buy from them..... and yes, I am one of them whingers!

Re:

I pay 7p per Jiffy bag delivered from eBay.
Parcel tape is about 60p for 40 meters delivered. It's not expensive if you buy a few!

I'm another tightwad - if anyone receives a package from me, it'll have at least one other address scribbled out, and probably 3 different colours of tape holding it together. If I'm selling on eBay then I'll charge slightly more than postage, but when I'm selling through a forum I rarely even bother working the cost out, I just guess the value of the item and stick on an extra quid or two.

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":3ali9ohp said:
I am a complete tightwad so I save everything that people send me and I recycle it when posting, I am doing it as we speak on a crank I have just sold ;) :D

+1 to this - I'm an avid re-user of old Jiffy envelopes, whilst I can usually cadge left-over bubble wrap from parcels at work, ditto cardboard boxes which would otherwise go straight to the recycling bin anyway.

David

As previously mentioned in another thread - this is not being a tight wad - it is being eco-friendly. Not recycling packaging is madness in extremis.

RB - leading the eco-friendly world!

Richard

TGR":19chcvqb said:
As previously mentioned in another thread - this is not being a tight wad - it is being eco-friendly. Not recycling packaging is madness in extremis.

Richard

Very true. My father in law writes letters to us on the back of type written stuff he gets sent, not letters he gets of a personal nature, but why use clean white paper when there is a bit of scrap paper to be had.

Alison

Back