It's Embarrassing

Is that in steyning? I have a friend in west sussex traffic police who might be able to explain the situation...

Bit of insider knowledge for the masses here.

Most Police Services in England and Wales ARE Bankrupt. This has been a direct result of Labour Governments imposing such ridiculous policies and procedures. The forced imposing of Fluffy Community Policing has put a massive drain on already thinly stretched resources.

The introduction of PCSO's, who have very limited powers and are simply Policing on the Cheap is causing a lot of derision within some area's. This whole concept is just Political Spin. PCSO's are in fact on more money than newly appointed Constables. With shift allowances their annual Salary is around £24k per year which combined with Police Pension payments is in fact MORE than newly appointed Constables are on

This Labour Government has lost the streets. It is the same on Estates, Parks and Inner City areas throughout the Country. Police Officers would like nothing more than being able to 'walk and talk' and 'feel a few collars.' But the bureaucracy that this 'Nanny State' has imposed on Services has meant that there are simply not enough sworn Officers to deal with everything. I live in a Town of just over 60,000 There are routinely only 4 OR less Response Police Officers on duty at any time. Most of whom are very inexperienced with 4 or less years service. Each Officer can have active case loads of in excess of 30 crimes. Police Stations are being closed and 'Community Shops' are being put in place. Many of the Stations still open CLOSE to the public at 10pm as there are insufficient Staff to man the front desk. Before long the only way you'll be able to contact the Police will be over the Web. Think I'm joking, get back to me in 10 years!!

A simple shoplift of a magazine can take up to 5 hours or more to deal with and will mean an Officer has to submit a file of evidence to the Crown Prosecution Service for a decision on whether to Charge or not.

Without overwhelming evidence to prove an offence the CPS will NOT run a case in Court. It is the CPS that is making the decision on whether criminals go to Court and NOT the Police. This is due to the Government imposing ridiculous performance figures on them. It always cheeses me off when I read headlines 'Police Let Suspect Go.' It's NOT the Police it the CPS and the Legal System. The 'caution' process is crap as it offers no compensation to a victim of crime. The 'cautioning' of offenders is not a choice that the Police make it is imposed on them by the Judicial System

Are you aware that if someone pleads guilty to an Offence then in most cases a custodial sentence will be halved AND if someone get sentenced to 5 years in prison they WILL only serve 2.5 years and then let out on license

Judicial system is a joke

I don't know if anyone has ever visited a modern prison but they are simply no deterrent to a lot of our societies members. Such institutions are simply not a deterrent if they IMPROVE your lifestyle.

As you can guess from this post I am a Copper. Some on here may now hate me, don't care. Been one for 16years seen and put up with lot of 'shit' in my time. Before people say we are all w*nkers let me just say that there are Good and Bad workers in all jobs.

We are being Governed by a Home Office that is failing to listen to the 'silent' majority and pandering to the need of the 'loud' minority. This Country has had it. It has become a Nanny State, frightened of Political Correctness gone mad.

This is what prison should be like

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

If YOU faced the prospect of going there would YOU commit crime???

Oh and another thing.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Mobile Speed Camera's - In most Forces these are NOTHING TO DO WITH POLICE my own included.

Not manned by police, not budgeted by police

Camera Safety Partnership has done more to tarnish the relationship between the Police and Public in this country than any other scheme.

Sorry - Rant Over :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Gadro I really wish more police officers would share their views loudly as it would give the general public faith in the officers on the street and the desire to lobby government for change.

;]

Interesting view from the 'inside' there Gadro.

Must say I agree with a lot of what you say.

It does annoy me when people say prison is like a holiday camp, it isn't. I can't imagine a worse thing to have happen to you than land up in the slammer.

I do see that you were saying an improvement on some people's worlds though so no deterrent. And I can see that.

Of course there's good and bad in all walks of life. I certainly wasn't slagging off the fuzz personally, but more crying out for god's sake, what's going on that we are not stopping the slide the wrong way.

On the other hand you have such ridiculous policing about such things as stopping and searching photographers on the streets and demanding images shot in public are deleted because of supposed suspected terrorist behaviour, are eroding civil liberties and doing society no good.

Stop bothering press photographers and tourists and start chasing the trouble makers i see running amok in London every day un-bothered.

The photographer law is criminal. that the govt has been allowed to sneak that one through under anti terror legislation is nothing short of criminal.

so you get a sort of erosion of police power where it should be increased and an increase of stupid and abused power where it need not exist.

doom.

:roll:

Wu-Tangled":2dt61lwh said:
Interesting view from the 'inside' there Gadro.

Must say I agree with a lot of what you say.

On the other hand you have such ridiculous policing about such things as stopping and searching photographers on the streets and demanding images shot in public are deleted because of supposed suspected terrorist behaviour, are eroding civil liberties and doing society no good.

Stop bothering press photographers and tourists and start chasing the trouble makers i see running amok in London every day un-bothered.

The photographer law is criminal. that the govt has been allowed to sneak that one through under anti terror legislation is nothing short of criminal.

so you get a sort of erosion of police power where it should be increased and an increase of stupid and abused power where it need not exist.

doom.

Remember a Police Officers actions are governed by THE LAW. The Lawmakers are in the corridors of Power. They are only there because we as a Democratic Society voted them in.

I agree with you to some extent there. However World events since 9/11 have had an impact on society. What you are referring to is something termed 'hostile reconnaissance' a technique that is used by certain extremists groups.

We in the UK have had experience of combating such groups for decades. When a society is used to possessing freedom and democracy it is very difficult to adjust to perceived Draconian Police Measures put in place to prevent and disrupt any future incidents. There is a fine line that sometimes is unfortunately crossed. I've no doubt that the 'bothering' you are referring to has and does take place BUT what alternative measures do YOU suggest are put in place instead.

If it weren't for the fact that British Service men and women are currently overseas in hostile environments fighting against such extremism then I have no doubt that our 'free' societies would have been targeted far more often than they already have.

Remember in the UK it's not IF we are attacked again but WHEN. Mark my words if it weren't for the fact that at the moment such hate filled eyes are focused elsewhere OUR Streets and Cities would again be falling under their gaze.

ekiborter

So do I, but to do so is called 'Bringing the Force into disrepute'

Of course, govt and ridiculous laws are the issue not those that uphold them.

However, I do think there could be an element of common sense applied at street level to allow these laws to be upheld and not abused.

I know a lot of photographers in London that have been 'hassled' unecessarily and have provided full ID and been obviously waiting for a job or grouped for an assignment. They have been dealt with in a way that doesn't demonstrate any obvious common sense and does demonstrtate a blatant waste of the police's own time.

add to that occurances like seeing japanese tourists having plod telling them off for shooting pics of tower bridge and not really understanding why the police are having a go and asking to see their memory cards etc.

These are bloody obviously NOT terrorists. There's no way to mis-interpret that as anything other than implementing laws with little ort no discretion.

Don't get me wrong, i'm no anti establishment anti police hedge monkey, i just want some good leadership from govt and some application with common sense from the police.

The day i'm having I think it best i leave this topic alone now.

If we weren't paying coppers vast lump sums at the end of their period of service and similarly huge pensions for the last 40 years of their lives maybe we could have more police officers with cars devoid of commercial branding.

Back