It's black, long, low and slack - my 2013 Banshee Rune V2

Re: It's black, long, low and slack - my 2013 Banshee Rune V

Nice to see it being used properly!

I went out on the mega last weekend, 35 miles of tow paths and bridleways...... Glad I had 150mm of travel out back ;)

Still, its good for the legs I guess.

Mindmap3, Do you use the Easton Havoc? Is it good wheels? How long do use it?Do have any trouble with it? Why you choose it?

*AJ*":225sklec said:
Nice to see it being used properly!

I went out on the mega last weekend, 35 miles of tow paths and bridleways...... Glad I had 150mm of travel out back ;)

Still, its good for the legs I guess.

I wouldn't go that far!

Is tow path riding due to the collarbone? The big ride I did in Swaledale really wasn't what my bike was built for...we stayed at the Dales Bike Centre and under the FAQ section on their site, there is something about what bike to bring. A 160mm travel, single chain ring bike isn't it! It (and I) did really well...even Stu the owner / guide was surprised when I kept up with him on the first long climb (I was panting more than he as though).

Yue":308nj26w said:
Mindmap3, Do you use the Easton Havoc? Is it good wheels? How long do use it?Do have any trouble with it? Why you choose it?

I do indeed. I really like them; they're light, strong and easy to run tubeless because they're UST. I've had them since early this year. I chose them because they were cheap in the CRC sale!

I've not had any issues with them although the rear bearings are getting a bit rough. They don't seem to be universally popular. I debt think I'd pay full price for them though.

Not much to report really.

I've replaced the bearings in the hub and added the bearing spacer upgrade so the rear wheel is nice and smooth again. But the headset is dead; the lower bearing has been grinding more and more and a wet ride in Llandegla yesterday has pretty much finished it off. I'm pretty disappointed beating in mind that I only bought it in July. We've also had a pretty good summer too.

When I get round to it, I'll send it back to Hope and see if they'll send me a new one. I'm convinced that the Hope system for stepping down the lower cup is to blame, it seems like a bit of a bodge to me.

Which has led to something, so there is a bit of an update....be just agreed to buy some BOS Devilles with a tapered steerer! I've agreed on a really good price and they've just been serviced. Will be picking them up on Monday and I'm very excited.

Mindmap3":10tlqmj4 said:

Which has led to something, so there is a bit of an update....be just agreed to buy some BOS Devilles with a tapered steerer! I've agreed on a really good price and they've just been serviced. Will be picking them up on Monday and I'm very excited.

you'll have to let me know how you get on with them, i very nearly bought a set off pink bike a couple of weeks ago, the steerer was a little short though. I really want some air forks up front on the mega, and im struggling to decide.

For the price of a second hand set of devilles, I can get a new set of Marzocchi 55 CR's which seem to be getting really good reviews!

*AJ*":31oche0f said:
Mindmap3":31oche0f said:

you'll have to let me know how you get on with them, i very nearly bought a set off pink bike a couple of weeks ago, the steerer was a little short though. I really want some air forks up front on the mega, and im struggling to decide.

For the price of a second hand set of devilles, I can get a new set of Marzocchi 55 CR's which seem to be getting really good reviews!

Will do. Picking them up on Monday and am hoping to ride the Peaks that afternoon or on Tuesday morning.

I managed to get these for a fair bit less than the CR's which were on my list. I fancied some RC3ti's but they seem to go for loads of money. Then these Devilles came up and I couldn't say no!

you must have got a good deal then! Ive found the CR's online for £424 so im half tempted to just get a nice brand new set of forks. Also found a set of Fox 36 Float R's for £450 new, not sure what would be the better fork.... an online review I saw of the two forks and the Lyrik said the Zochhi came up well on top of the other two, but the mechanic in the video was wearing a Marzocchi shirt. lol

I rode a Banshee Rune at my mates shop that had BOS suspension front and rear, it certainly felt very nice and it wasn't even set for my weight!

I reckon so (the chap bought a second hand bike for the frame, so is getting shot of everything to recover his costs as quickly as possible).

I'd get the CR's over the Float R's because they have compression adjustment. They'll also require less servicing.

I rode a Mondraker Summon with BOS triple clamps and was amazed with them; really smooth but they only used the travel that they had too, rather then UST blowing through it all. Hopefully, I'll get on with them.

I was bored this afternoon so cleaned the bike and sorted the headset out; there was no grease in the lower cup bearing, just grit! Being tight, I carefully prised the seals out flushed it through with degreaser, dried everything and then packed the bearing full of grease. It's now smooth again and I saved £15!

I also fond some other pics on the camera....

These were from our holiday to Peebles taken in the little woods just behind the cottage we stayed in. The trails in there were easy but fun. As you can see, I pull various stupid faces when riding!

oPoRDUf.png

gUUSi7H.png

2Lnao4b.png

onhLYxq.png

H1u3yGf.png

2sHJoF5.png

Also found these, taken after my day at Antur with the bike in DH mode; no dropper and dual ply Minion Super Tacky tyres. The bike was grand but it felt like a proper tank with those tyres on it.

DJnu2xN.png

ZsBGPhn.png

Back