Its been pretty quiet on the old Tax dodging Tory toff

Re: Re:

technodup":ayltbtzz said:
videojetman":ayltbtzz said:
The key to happiness is being content with what we have, rather than pondering on what we could have.
Agreed, as long as we're not pondering on what others have either.

M-Power":ayltbtzz said:
the £ distribution
Dunno if it's true but I read recently that if the world's money was split evenly within a few years the previously rich would be rich again, and the poor likewise. Made sense to me, it's not about the money per se, more the attitude towards it and the work involved in earning it.

There was a recent programme which showed benefits folk getting a lump sum and basically spunking it on shite.

If you start from scratch or close to, it takes brains, determination and hard fuxxing work, not to mention some good luck to make it. As the saying goes, to turn £1 into £2 is hard work, to turn £1M into £2M is inevitable.

Re:

This kind of thread can be divisive.

Regardless of our starting positions in life, we all have a struggle.

Problems magnify to occupy the same space in the ratio.

To some extent, at least, most of our problems are self perpetuating.

Whether that is a multi millionaire who came into their money through no fault of their own, feeling inadequate and turning to drugs and such in an attempt to fill a vacuum, or a penniless orphan fighting their apparent fate and making themselves rich, only to suffer an early fate thanks to stress because they never realised they could take it easy at any point.

I know which problems I would prefer to have. The millionaire gets to choose their mistakes to a greater extent, in my view.

One of my many ex partners lives in Australia as a yoga teacher. We travelled to India back in the eighties where she bought gems to take back to the UK, such was the profit it paid for all our travels. I just couldn't get my head around this greased rail as a viable lifestyle, having been raised working hard for everything.

Not that my family was without resources, but at least we were in touch with day to day life.

This is what informs my attitudes towards the royal family, for example.

I have nothing against the people involved, but the effect it has on the concept of equal opportunity.

Of course people will point out there is no such thing anyway, but at least the concept is there.

Whenever we hear of these off shore stashes of wealth, I feel it is undermining any notion that we are free.

Re:

More money just gives you more choices in life. What's does being free really mean ? It just means more freedom of choice but nobody is really free.

Known spoiled kids from wealthy families who have literally destroyed their own and parents lives through hard drugs, railing against their parents liberal 60s attitudes. Such a pathetic waste.

Ask yourself a question, would you really want to trade places with Prince William ? The constant media intrusion, insults about your balding pate, slackness at work, potential death threats from terrorists, etc Maybe it's anecdotal but there is evidence they bring in more revenue from tourism/business by promoting UK PLC than the tax payer shells out for their lifestyle. No way would I trade places.

A class/caste structure exists in nearly all developed cultures. It's human nature I guess. I don't like it. You can see it in the school playground in embryonic form and from there it grows.

M-Power":3q58exwz said:
Ask yourself a question, would you really want to trade places with Prince William ? The constant media intrusion, insults about your balding pate, slackness at work, potential death threats from terrorists, etc Maybe it's anecdotal but there is evidence they bring in more revenue from tourism/business by promoting UK PLC than the tax payer shells out for their lifestyle. No way would I trade places.

He's got a fit bird mind

My own personal feelings on this is that it's a storm in a teacup. So DC went to Eton, blah blah blah. I went to public school, I didn't have much choice in it seeing as when I started my private education I was four. I probably should vote tory because of my upbringing, but I don't. I should probably vote labour as I am a working man, on the tools, getting my hands dirty, but I don't. I could go on but I can't be bothered. Nobody has mentioned the fact that no recent government (or any for that matter) has gone after big businesses and tried to get their tax back, which make DC's legit dealings look like pocket money.
No politician or political party at the moment is worth more than a fart in a jar. I have literally no faith in any party at the moment. It's all a load of dogshit.

Re:

vintage-bike-004.jpg

Not any more!

Look what you can buy with money, blah, blah, blah..

highlandsflyer":2w9e0694 said:
vintage-bike-004.jpg

Not any more!

Look what you can buy with money, blah, blah, blah..

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I knew you would be the first to reply. But what a great reply :cool: And so true :D :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Other web sites its kicks off when i post a comment like above. Its great fun to watch

Back