It's been a year (today)!

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Well, I've reached my first Retrobike anniversary! (First ever post HERE :LOL: : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=184850&start=650#p2470170)

It's really hard to believe that a year has gone by since finding this site and joining up and literally having my life change for the better! It's also hard to believe it's ONLY a year! Because it's completely taken over my life, I've met so many great people, I've done Mayhem as part of the Lost Souls Of Retro©™ team, bought FIVE retro Alpinestars (the first was bought a week before joining the forum), spent an absolute shitload of money on parts including another two Alpinestars frames, ticked loads of parts off my teenage wish list (the Tioga Disk Drive being the one at the top and the best thing ever!).

Without rambling on too much I just want to say thanks to everyone for making this place what it is, to those of you who've helped me with my builds on advice, parts and contacts, those who've reached out and whom I've become real friends with.

I've also been inspired to set up a little sideline business off the back of the great following that retro MTBs have, which'll hopefully grow into a bigger following to make a couple of quid and contribute towards some more great retro builds.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you again and putting other faces to names (and usernames and avatars and bikes and their backstories) at my second visit to the ICONOCLASSIC show in just over a week's time on Sunday 21st in Warwick where I'll be displaying this year, not just visiting!

Here's to another year and hopefully many more beyond that!

Re:

Other than using an old trampoline as a rear wheel I'm with you.

See you next week.

al.

Re:

If it's any relief al, I think he sold the trampoline. Had it's ups and downs! :facepalm:

I'LL get my coat!

Nice one Regan, see you at Mayhem next year

Mike

Re:

Where's the 'like' button.... trampoline ups n downs!!

al. ;)

Re: Re:

al":2wibpupr said:
Where's the 'like' button.... trampoline ups n downs!!

al. ;)

Did I detect the hint of an enigmatic smile, Mona?

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":3drvmjeb said:
If it's any relief al, I think he sold the trampoline. Had it's ups and downs! :facepalm:

I'LL get my coat!

Nice one Regan, see you at Mayhem next year

Mike
Paaahahahahahahah!! Brilliant Mikey!

Yep, Tioga's gone to its new home and ride in Denver, under a Yeti Ultimate. I used the cash to buy the Ti Mega frame. For what the Tioga cost, the fun I had building it, the pleasure of riding it at Mayhem and the fact I basically swapped it for a unicorn made it the buy of the year! I miss it only for the fact I loved looking at it in the garage, but the fear of riding it and it going bang was putting me off ever riding it again. It's best going to somewhere else I reckon. :)

Back