It's a really really pink Surly

I know every man and his dog was complaining about not being able to get the 29 x 2.75 dirt Wizards. I know they all wanted them for the Krampus but haven't heard anyone running them on a Karate Monkey. I am not really up on the 29'er stuff really, epicycle might know as he experiments with all these tyres and rim combinations. I did run 29'er Maxxis tyres on my 1x1 a while back, and while they fit OK I must admit I preferred my 26'ers. Maybe due to my 1X1 being xsmall and me being vertically challenged :)

Jamie

Sorry to hijack but how are the 26" Dirt Wizards in use please? I am currently running 2.5's but my frame has room for larger tyres. Will they fit on regular rims eg D521's?

Hi Bullpup
The DWs are great tyres I have been running them for the last 18 months and they work great for me. The high volume means I run them around 18psi and they soak everything up and they corner like your on rails. I run them up here in Scottish mud, dried pine needles and just everyday trails etc and they work for me. I ran them this weekend at the SSUK 2015 race and wouldn't have wanted anything else. I think you need a rim at least 35mm wide from memory. Surlys website has the minimum recommendation somewhere.
Epicyclo runs them on his 1X1 and swears by them as well.

Jamie

Re:

Kyle888 where do you ride?
you can ride a singlespeed anywhere, epicycle and myself along with quite a few other from here ride all over the highlands, mountains etc. Epicyclo and myself only ride singlespeed whether its on the Pugsley or 1X1s, summer or winter, even raced them in the Strathpeffer 24 hour race in the winter at Ben Wyvis. Singlespeed can go anywhere a geared machine can go, give it a go I am sure you'll love it.

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":3msrntfe said:
Kyle888 where do you ride?
you can ride a singlespeed anywhere, epicycle and myself along with quite a few other from here ride all over the highlands, mountains etc. Epicyclo and myself only ride singlespeed whether its on the Pugsley or 1X1s, summer or winter, even raced them in the Strathpeffer 24 hour race in the winter at Ben Wyvis. Singlespeed can go anywhere a geared machine can go, give it a go I am sure you'll love it.

Jamie

I ride near the Malvern hills around Eastnor way. I'm sure it prob could be done on a single speed but my fitness levels aren't great as i don't get on my bike enough as i have two small kids :)
I have to stop on long inclines with 27 gears :LOL:

I hear what your saying Kyle :) I have a son who has just turned five :)
Families getting in the way of biking! whats the world coming to?
On my tourer, which does have gears, I take my son in his Yepp seat on the back and sometimes his trailer. I think doing that makes singlespeed seem so much easier :)
Sorry for the thread hijack Rolondo :)
Jamie

Re:

:LOL:
My son was 5 in April and i have a 3 year old daughter. It's been quite a crazy summer break for my wife so haven't been able to ride. Might go on sunday morning now they're back at school/pre school though :cool:

Back