It was the 1980's... Emmelle Dolomite 'King Ace' cro-mo

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
A quick sprint down the newly finished A14/M6 interchange had me in Rugby fairly quickly. I didnt mention the shill bidding up to a whopping £40 but was a bit worried about stuffing a large bicycle into a small fiesta van...

Proper gentleman's sized, 'Araya' on the downtube and the Emmelle label over the original red decals. A Gippiemme/ Dura-Ace mix headset, lovely high flange Suzie sealed hubs on Araya rims, early Shimano MTB, Sugino chainset and the all important 'why did you buy that POS!' factor - the double u-brake.

One on the back, one on the front, both MT-60.

King Ace seamless cro-mo tubing. At least one of them anyway. Not a lot on the Google but maybe used on the BMX scene.

Plans... Plans, plans... erm. A clean up and polish. I have some spare MT-60 bits to fit and some reasonable tyres to add.

Very please with it, cost less than a good round of drinks!

Night time pics for now.

Attachments

• emmelle 1.jpg
    emmelle 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,998
  • emmelle 2.jpg
    emmelle 2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,998
  • emmelle 3.jpg
    emmelle 3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,998
I'm glad you got that Mark. Look forward to seeing it get a bit of spit and polish

Re:

I'm liking the teaser... now show us what you've got big boy!

al. :D

Truly retro 21.1mm stem hinting more at the then scene of BMX and early 'foreign' built MTBs. I got my first 'All Terrain' bicycle for my birthday in 1986. Its quite fun to go back there to when I was the only one with fat tyres down my street.

Daylight or what passes for it on a dank February evening

Cateye toeclips anyone?

Attachments

• emmelle 4.jpg
    emmelle 4.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 1,834
  • emmelle 5.jpg
    emmelle 5.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 1,834
Back