Is this mountain biking?

I'd say that was adequate to be called mountain biking, those rock gardens were probably rougher than they looked, and I know on my rigid I'd have been going at best 1/3rd of the speed he was.

Looks like they hardcored a landrover track and put in lots of mtb features. You could drive a car down that, widest trail I've ever seen. However it does look a blast if speed is your thing and its difficult to take the wrong line, a proper adrenline buzz and looks doable on our retro kit if somewhat slower :D

T'boo Ted":3ar52xnn said:
all I could think was that looks looks like a track for full rigid and semi slicks...

You are kidding, right? it's probably not as smooth as it looks on that video (the scenery was zipping by at a fair old rate :shock: ) and a full rigid bike would be left in the dust to be honest.

I went to Rostrevor last year, it's in the Mourne mountains, everywhere is called Slieve this & that (ie Slieve Martin), we had a good day of biking, including one descent where the discs and pads were quite literally smoking by the end! :LOL:
I did see a couple of vans doing uplifts though, but I think that track must be fairly new, i didn't see it last time I was there.

You tube flattens trails out so much - try and find a steep trail you know on you tube and you'll see what I mean!

Latest posts

Back