Is there anyone that can help me value bianchi and shimano

Wazza84

Retro Newbie
Hi there, I have recently inherited a heap of brand new shimano bike parts from the 90s and a brand new bianchi bike ( not yet assembled ). I know my cousin only brought the best of the best after lots of research, but not knowing a heap about bikes myself and it being from the late 90s, I’m having trouble identifying items and there value. If anyone would be able to help me out it would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• 0DC55108-BD3D-4C80-BFA8-C40DEE4387D0.jpeg
    0DC55108-BD3D-4C80-BFA8-C40DEE4387D0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 356
Re:

If what's in them is what the boxes say then you have a job lot of identical Shimano XT 8-speed cassettes (11-30 teeth, M737 model). It's the penultimate level of cassette of its time (XTR being the highest) and difficult to know what the value would be if you were to sell them as there will only be essentially the retro market looking at 8-speed, and I would guess there won't be enough interest for you to flood the ebay market with them and expect to get a good price on all of them (the value will be to the odd person that wants this exact cassette and for whom it has to be new). If you look on ebay there are some listed internationally from £35 to £140 new but when you search for the completed items there's only one actually sold in the last few months, at £70.

Those XTR boxes are the really interesting ones, if they have new and unused cassettes in them. If they're from the same era (M950 model) then that top spec model will be much more interesting to anyone building up a pristine retro build at unlimited expense (Kleins, etc) and there will almost certainly be people willing to pay for one. If you have something like unused M950 cassettes in their boxes then a search for the completed items on ebay suggests £200-250 each.

Back