Interesting Ebay dispute

Kneedowndean

Retro Guru
Ok, been looking for some forks for the missus Specialzied Epic build. Found these late one night:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0579826240

Seemed nice, no feedback but one lady owner. Buy it now pressed, and paypal money sent immediatly.

Checked the paypal account a few days later and noticed that the money was "unclaimed". Ok, message sent to seller, I received this:

Hello Steve

I am having trouble with paypal ever since they lost 2000 of my money for 4 weeks in a transfer my account has been playing up. I am at present in litigation with paypal. I may be paranoid but you are not the first to have problems since the incident. I will keep trying.

prettyinpink

Ok, alarm bells. Lost £2000, but got no feedback? Ok, give them a chance. Another day or so, got this:

Dear heli-online,

Actually yes they might actually allow me to claim your money today. I acnnot understand for the life of me why people use paypal. They are a pain in the butt.
If they realease the money to me today O will contact you with delivery details. Being totally un technical I have to get the headset removed from the forks as I don't have the tools. So I will be able to send the bike Monday morning. To save time could you give me your postal address.

prettyinpink

Again wierd, tools to remove headset from forks? From somebody who is keen on cycling and wants to do cyclo cross? At least I have a delivery date. Next:

Hello

As you will have noticed the forks are attached to the frame and it is currently with the bike shop for the headset stuff to be removed. They are quite a way away so they will be boxing and sending you the forks probably tuesday.
I hope that is alright and I am sorry about the delay in getting the goods to you.

Pretty in Pink

Ok, now Tuesday delivery. Very strange. Keep hoping Steve.

Then this came today:

Hello

Paypal problems again. Money has not reached me it is being held by paypal it seems either you have to give me a positive feedback or wait 3 weeks.

- prettyinpinkg12

Right, message sent straight back asking for refund untill paypal sorted or I will collect direct with cash. This came straight back:

Dear heli-online,

I will tell you what I will send you the goods tomorrow. I will not accept them back although they are in good condition. i have not recived my money for the goods that is fine with you I hopw you are happy with your free set of forks. I will also be issuing a county court summons against paypal which you will be expected to attend. raise a complaint. the problem is paypal and has always been paypal. May account balanceis zero meaning I have had no money put into my account. But you seem happy with that. I hope yopu enjoy these excellent set for forks. You are getting a great deal.

- prettyinpinkg12

Politley explained that these are not "free forks", I have paid my money for them. I also raised a dispute with paypal, knowing this could be cancelled if resolved.

Dear heli-online,

No the problem is now a matter of principle. You sent the money ion good faith. I have got the goods ready for postage and paypal will not realies the mopney for 6 weeks. You will recieve the goods hopefully by the middle to the end of next week. It has been arranged I will honour my commitment to you. i am very angry enough to issue court summons to paypal about this and I will not allow this sale to go.

- prettyinpinkg12

Felt I should send one last mail asking why I was told fork sent to shop to have headset removed(?!?!?) yet now they say forks are ready to go. Too suspicious do you think? Chances of getting money back?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've heard of Paypal holding money from the seller until the buyer leaves feedback when they have received the goods. This is usually on items which have been subject to high amounts of fraud in the past (such as mobile phones). Is she/they maybe mis-interpreting this situation and just needs to read Paypal's messages properly.

I can understand it'd be a bit disconcerting having to send something (of value) without having the money cleared in their account. I'd be the same. But, I'm sure Paypal are acting in the best interest of both parties.

Hope you get sorted.

The listing picture shows the forks released from the frame, so why is he having trouble :?

He could be a complete idiot or trying it on, but if the latter how does he think he'll get away with it? I think the former is more likely. You'll either get your forks or your money back through paypal soon enough.

Just got this

Dear heli-online,

Right I am not a mechanic I don't fix or do thsi and that on bikes. The bike shop is open on sundays and are friends of mine. they said they can send the it me tomorrow. No I have never mentioned home at all. I am so angry at paypal for hold the money you won't believe. The frame will be sent tomorrow. I am not in the mood to get into semantics with any one. I will personally see to it. I am sick and tired of everyone being negative and untrustworthy. Is this what being o
in ebay menas then I think it is a sad place to be.

- prettyinpinkg12

Have I jumped the gun? I hope so, time will tell this week though.

and only been registered since 14 / 05 /2010 .

I am local to bromley . I saw the frame for sale last week on ebay , not sure if it sold or not .

Sounds a bit mad but probably real.

I'm guessing she wants the race removed prior to posting.

I have heard of paypal not releasing funds until positive feedback is rec'd from the buyer...a friend had this over a cheap camera.

You are right to start a PP dispute, but if the forks turn up, no worries, just close the dispute and leave positive feedback. The seller will then get here money.

A language barrier doesn't help I fear.

Seems fine if a little 'bunny boiler'

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Maybe Paypal are holding his funds, makes sense if he is totally new to eBay and probably Paypal too. Although, if you were counting on the Paypal funds to pay for postage it can be annoying. If he's never used it before you can see where he's coming from if what he is saying is true. Shows how far eBay/Paypal have moved to protect buyers but they are now putting off sellers.

I've had a few transactions where I've had to manually accept the funds, not sure if maybe this is what he is experiencing.

Hope you get your forks though.

I think Paypal hold funds if its a large sale.

When I sold my Zaskar LE on ebay they held the funds from that until the buyer left positive feedback. To say I was concerned was an understatement :shock:

Buyer get a mint bike, leaves bad feeback, I've got no cash! All was ok though as I was in phone contact with the buyer from the word go :cool:

I've just sold some car alloys for £116 so it will be interesting to see if evilbay hold the cash until the buyer has left feedback :?

Back