Intense Tazer advice needed...is this frame salvagable?

retrocomeback":1en73co6 said:
I'd say looking at the welds that it should be fine, if it had been excessively blasted the welds would practically be smoothed off. My Spooky had a similar 'rough' finish when it was soda blasted prior to powder coating.

How rough was yours? I take it the soda blasting smoothed it out.

Will have a chat with the local powercoater who is supposed to know his stuff and do a good job.

for powder coating to work effectively the frame needs to be roughed up slightly to enable the powder coat to 'key' to the frame, the soda blasting on mine stripped what remained of any leftover paint and grease and left a finish which seemed 'matted' when you ran a finger over it yet it was barely visible to the naked eye. By no means should it feel anything like a piece of sandpaper!

Kev, could you do me a favour and measure the top tube your Tazer. The chap with the one for sale has measured it and says its 20.5 inches, which is properly short. That would make it 2 inches shorter than the Lopes despite being a bigger frame.

No problem I'll do it tomorrow after work... Just about to pm you my number so you can drop me a reminder if I completely forget!

Well, the Lopes is now sold to a chap from Pink Bike who is collecting it tomorrow and I have said yes to the Tazer!

Looking forward to a proper restoration project. Will probably just ride it as is for a wee bit to make sure I like it before spending a load of cash on paint etc.

But plan is to powder coat it red, get new decals (just waiting for that place above to give me a quote), new metal head tube badgeaand enjoy it! Will run it as a bolt through rear end as I have bulbs on the Lopes.

Looking forward to finally getting one.

I can provide them with pics and dimensions if you want stickers the same as my one. Owen seems to be a nice guy but it did take a little while for him to get back to me. I've sent a load of measurements for stickers on an M1 I'm playing with!!!

Kevhl":12xhj7e3 said:
I can provide them with pics and dimensions if you want stickers the same as my one. Owen seems to be a nice guy but it did take a little while for him to get back to me. I've sent a load of measurements for stickers on an M1 I'm playing with!!!

If you don't mind. It would be massively appreciated. I've dropped them a line, but not heard owt back yet. Looking forward to getting this project up and running...a proper restoration jobbie.

Have you bought the M1?

I am officially the owner of an Intense Tazer frame. The chap I have bought it from has booked a courier for Monday, so I'll have it next Tuesday.

Spoken to the local powercoater and have arranged to go and see him with it next Saturday. Hopefully he'll be able to undo the overly rough finish and get it painted red. He's supposed to be pretty good according to a chap on STW who has used him a few times.

Will post some proper pics up in the readers bikes section once it lands.

Still waiting to hear back from Slik Graphics about the decals though.

Frame should be with me tomorrow as City Link failed to turn up to collect it yesterday.

Also heard back from Slik graphics yesterday; price is good and the turn around is pretty quick. Hopefully the powder coating won't take too long, and the bike will be painted, looking nice again and up and running pretty soon.

Spoke to the powdercoaters today and the frame should be ready to collect tomorrow.

I am a bit worried that it's going to look pants; they said that when they stripped the black off there was a load of white paint underneath that was not shifting. Which might explain why it was blasted so heavily.

Having got everything back to bare metal he said twas really rough and one of the worst finishes he'd seen. Gulp! :oops:

He thinks that by doing a thin coat, followed by a second coat hit that he will be able to get a suitably good finish, although it is not the way they would usually do it. Fingers crossed. My search for a Tazer could well be resumed if this is knackered.

Back