Intense M1 - SOLD

goshow

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I'm selling my 2003 Intense M1 downhiller. Finished in factory slightly pearlescent white.

229679_10150747370325492_603720491_20366332_7717006_n.jpg

228923_10150747370175492_603720491_20366330_1516476_n.jpg

This is an awesome bike for anyone who wants to get into downhilling or who is looking for an upgrade so you can start winning races.

In May 2011 Pink bike carried a review of the Intense M9 and said :
“Intense’s M9 represents 16 years of downhill racing development that began with the game-changing M1. No other brand can lay claim to as long or rich a heritage in World-Cup-level downhill racing. At one point in downhill’s heyday, if you weren’t on an Intense M1 (or an M1, rebadged and painted to look like another bike brand), then you weren’t on the podium – end of story. Downhill as a competitive sport, owes much of its early rise to the M1. Racers on the M1 were suddenly going bigger and faster than ever thought possible, and if you didn’t have an M1, you wanted one. It was a king-maker that could (and often did) propel talented no-names to victory against the sport’s heaviest hitters. Intense developed the new M9 FRO to extend the legacy of the M1 – to give the privateer technical superiority on race day against a field of heavily sponsored pro-teams”

Anyway, I've been told the frame is a medium. I'm 6'3" and it fits me fine. Officially i should be riding a Large but I like a bike that is slightly on the small side (not that this feels small)

The bike is obviously used but is in great condition for it's age, a few minor scuffs and marks here and there but they really are minor. It has had a recent service and is a s tight as you like. The technicion did say that the rear shock bush / link is slightly worn and could do with being replaced in the next 6 months or so but it is still very ridable without any fear of mechanical failure or damage. (this part is £15 for TFtunedshox.com) I've just replaced all the linkage bearings and all the wheels bearings. All these bearings alone cost me £95

Here's a bit of a list of the stuff it's got on it:
Forks - Manitou Dorado DH180 MRD. £2000 new. As stated these have just been service and are in great condition. Titanium nitride slider look free from any wear and scratches.
Rear shock - 5th Elemenet (not sure of model) it has 3" stroke and i have two springs for it, an brand new Manitou 600lb and a used Titanium 400lb.
Cranks - Shimano Saint with Ethirteen bash guard and chain device.
Mech - Sram X9
Shifters - Sram X9
Pedals - Easton
Brakes - Avid Juicy 3 with Hope 205mm fully floating rotors.
Headset - Chris King
Bottom brakcet - Race Face sealed
Wheels - Sun rim Single track rims mounted on Hope hubs. 20mm through axel front and 12mm rear.
Tyres - Maxxis High Rollers, super tacky compound.
Bars - Sunline Vthree 254

The bike is located in Grimsby on the east coast of the UK

This bike is leaps and bounds better than the one on eBay at the minute. I'm looking for £1050 ovno

I'm looking for a good trail bike, ideally a Whyte 46 and am open to offers / swaps but please don't expect me to swap if for an Asda's finest appolo full susp bike

Holy Shit :cool:

I didn't know there was a M1 in Grimsby!

Seems like there are more Grimsby riders coming out of the woodwork every week.

You should keep a eye out in the Lincs area rides threads for rides in our area (I'm in Grimsby too) there's usually something going on, click the link in my sig for more rides info

Looks awesome, shame it's not built for my kinda riding.

Good luck with the sale

Cheers Guys.

Andy, I'll keep my eyes out for any local rides. Did a half decent 26 mile circular last week from Irby through the vale, swallow, Beelsby, Croxby, Hatcliffe, Ravendale, Barnoldby the back to Irby. No mega downhilling though!!!!

Also, for an extra £150 I'll even throw in a pair of Hope Mono-6 Ti brakes with 225mm front rotor and 203mm rear. Yes, these are the mega 6 pots stoppers from Hope!!!!

BTW, they aren't for sale at that price on their own!!!! :roll:

Can't believe nobody has snapped this up yet. The M1 was (and still is) one of THE nicest riding DH bikes out there. I miss mine :(

If I had the money I wouldn't just be giving you a free bump, I'd be organising collection of the thing ;)

Barneyballbags":1u4xzhnc said:
Can't believe nobody has snapped this up yet. The M1 was (and still is) one of THE nicest riding DH bikes out there. I miss mine :(

If I had the money I wouldn't just be giving you a free bump, I'd be organising collection of the thing ;)

Cheers Barney ;)

One of the retrobike users from Australia contacted me for a shipping price and after many phone calls to shipping agents I sent him a few PM's with prices but as yet I've not heard anything back.

So it's stil for sale. I can send this bike anywhere in the world and am prepared to strike a deal on shipping costs.

Very Nice bike that! Shame I don't have the funds for it, but have a free bump from me. I'm also a Grimsby Retrobiker!! :cool:

Shall have to get AndyB and a few others and do an Irby ride...... :D

Back