Impertinent question

The thing is we have Tesco home delivery, I got sooo fed up of spending the whole of our Saturday travelling 20+ miles to go shopping and not having that 'end of week' relaxing session, I know I'm a housewife so can relax all I want in the week :oops: but I can't do it with all the family and that is what the weekend is for, if you don't work it that is.

Also it does tend to mean I know pretty much what it is going to cost before I get to the checkout and the children canny keep saying "can I have this/that" all the time. I do find it easier to budget when it all comes from one place, the only thing we don't get from Tesco's is Milk, we do have a milkman but he's more than Tesco.

Alison

Myself and Mrs Ernie go to lidl..Us 2 , 2 daughters 18 and 20, 4 cats..supermarket/pet store for the cat food, all food made from scratch £120.

Ernie ;)

I personally wouldn't use any home delivery service...

...stock arrives at the stores by artic. and offloaded into the holding area; depending how busy it is, and on the staffing levels, food that should be refrigerated/frozen can sit there for quite some time before it is moved into its temperature controlled environment.

The first time I saw home delivery crates stacked waiting to be loaded for delivery I thought it was waste!

Not so bad if you are buying packets/tins/jars but fresh? Not on your life! :|

We_are_Stevo":2whb02yv said:
I personally wouldn't use any home delivery service...

...stock arrives at the stores by artic. and offloaded into the holding area; depending how busy it is, and on the staffing levels, food that should be refrigerated/frozen can sit there for quite some time before it is moved into its temperature controlled environment.

The first time I saw home delivery crates stacked waiting to be loaded for delivery I thought it was waste!

Not so bad if you are buying packets/tins/jars but fresh? Not on your life! :|

Aye but if you saw what happens in a cake faxtory you'd never eat cake, if you saw what happens in poultry and pork processing factories you'd never eat anything from there either and if you saw what happens behind the scenes at supermarkets you'd never buy anything fresh or store produced again, all I have experience with and I bet Canning factories are just as suspect too.

Personally if you ain't grown it or brought it up yourself it's all suspect, so I just live with the risk

Alison.

We_are_Stevo":2to31qom said:
If I even thought too hard about how meat ends up on my plate I'd probably be a a Veggie!

When I Worked at Morrisons they had a Cornish pasty pie, it was made with rotting cooked meat from the deli :shock: I had to bloomin sell that :oops:

Alison

When I worked as a kitchen porter in my teens Monday to Thursdays leftovers all went into the chiller to be used in Fridays curry...

...Friday was always the busiest day in the canteen! :eek:

We_are_Stevo":25uj85fs said:
When I worked as a kitchen porter in my teens Monday to Thursdays leftovers all went into the chiller to be used in Fridays curry...

...Friday was always the busiest day in the canteen! :eek:

If only Morrisons knew how derogatory I was of their pie to put people off :oops: also on the bacon part people would say "What bacon does not shrink to nothing?" I"d say "if you go to the market square, at the far left corner there is a lovely deli that will serve you some really lovely bacon"

I guess I won't be asking any retrobike supermarket managers for a job now :D

Alison

I worked cleaning butchery and bakery at a supermarket once. Same cleaning equipment in the different departments, and believe me you can never get every bit of rotten meat out of the butchery, expecially pate makers, and cross contamination was inevitable. I used to cycle home with a meat and chocolate hat most nights.

Back