Imlach's Sweaty Hippie Funk Collection, adventure bikes, rusty rats, cruisers and other alt bastardisations of bicyclery

Found some old photos! Circa 1999???

This poor Carnielli Leopard MX2 must have been an awesome bike. We were driving home around 01:00am with my boss in his spanking new Fiat Coupe after being out for a meal with clients. On the junction of a main road near Wimbledon I spotted this bike on the side of the road. I made him stop and he let me put it in his boot of his car!!! Eventually took it back to my parents place in Wales, but everything was damaged/bent. It looked like it had been attached with an axe and a sledge hammer! :(
carnelli_01.jpg
img20240404_11361030.png
Only thing I rescued were the awesome hubs. Both drum brake hubs, the back accepts a freewheel whilst the front will accept an old school speedo cable! :cool:

This is WIP on my DragChop. Customised MKll Raleigh Chopper. Normal wheel sizes for a Chopper is 16" x 20" This has 11" (From a Raleigh Budgie front!) x 26" rear. It is STILL an unfinished project as I had a crazy reaction with the paint and it all cracked and life has got in the way since. Still hanging up in my parents garage waiting for me to finish. Spot the racing cyclists tan lines, absolutely ridiculous!!! 🤣
drag_chop.jpg

Back