I'm never buying a VW ever, bloody ever again...

I drove a Golf IV 7 years back,..it was the worst car i have ever had ,..
in 1 year the complete dashboard was replaced, front suspension, brakes all the time , pump,.. :evil:

never never never never never never never again,...

only the RS4 was good

dorsetbikeloving":3gbockrb said:
I have to disagree with 'All German cars being unreliable'. I have had several BMWs. 2 5 series and now my third 3 series and i have never had a problem with one. I am aware theat Mercedes these days are crap ad are some offerings from the VAG group but its pot luck isnt it really.

The only part to fail on my 1983 Mercedes 500 SEC AMG was the british made Lucas ignition amplifier. 160mph of car laid low by the brits... Loved the irony. Fixed in about 10 mins.

I am close to tears with this car.... :roll: If it worked, it would be great :evil:

Defiant":38vi4n99 said:

only the RS4 was good

do you still have the rs4? i drove one for the first time a few weeks ago. it was absolutely fantastic.

in a totally different league

you need to get a saab...my dad had a courtesy car with 500,000 on the clock ....an old one but still great.

Oooh er I just bought a passat b6...

Fingers fingers crossed its ok...

best things for quality and reliability have been my BMWs... Cliche I know, but Ive had the good experience to back it up. 2006 focus most unreliable car I have ever owned.

Best form of transport? P7...

(I do love my 3er tho)

dorsetbikeloving":3rhx7bf1 said:
I have to disagree with 'All German cars being unreliable'. I have had several BMWs. 2 5 series and now my third 3 series and i have never had a problem with one. I am aware theat Mercedes these days are crap ad are some offerings from the VAG group but its pot luck isnt it really.

Mate is on his second BM that is gving grief, so much grief in fact that he needs to buy something else as he has had enough of it.

Get and Avensis, Accord or Primera, there is a reason all the asian taxi drivers use them.

Carl.

I'm not a fan of VW's teflon image but sounds like you've just got a baddun there.

Was the milage backed up by the old MOT's etc, dealer or private sale?

Her indoors SEAT suffers from terrible electronics but luckily is very diy to fix, my fathers TDI 130 Audi A4 did a 150k with only a steering rack failure at 500 miles, the previous A4 petrol did 100k with only consumables needing doing. It's luck of the draw really. Saying that my Focus has only needed a battery and wear and tear bits in 50k and five years.

Hope you get it sorted.

my name is gibble and i drive a wolvo too...(when the air flow sensor works and im not stalling in the middle of the frikkin roundabout again)

Back