I'm a dad........and very happy PIC ADDED

Congratulations Nige, I hope the three of you are all well.

Welcome to the world of little sleep and much happiness :LOL:

Congratulations!!! :D

Make sure you grease your bikes properly before closing them in the shed/garage for some time now ;)

LOL :D ......i think we will be getting a baby buggy asap so can still cycle, although one with suspension for off road would be better :shock: :D

just sell your bikes now please :)
congratulations! i'm 28, have a son of 2 years. trying for another. i'm just waiting for the day he has the attention span to be able to hold the tools while i work on my bikes :p
you have no idea how precious sleep is. its the one thing you wont appreciate until it is savagely ripped from your life from right under your feet.
on the plus side, when they first say daddy.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

twain":3pqok0pn said:
just sell your bikes now please :)
congratulations! i'm 28, have a son of 2 years. trying for another. i'm just waiting for the day he has the attention span to be able to hold the tools while i work on my bikes :p
you have no idea how precious sleep is. its the one thing you wont appreciate until it is savagely ripped from your life from right under your feet.
on the plus side, when they first say daddy.......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My two boys are now 5 and 6 so ideal for helping pass the tools! :D

Despite the lack of sleep every little thing they do will make it all worth while! Enjoy it and remember to take plenty of photos as they grow seriously quickly and time will fly past!

Forget sleep, hobbies, your own life for quite a while.

Get in there from the off (even if they're both in hospital for a couple of days) - do as much if not more than mum for things like nappy changes, baths, feeding (assuming bottles or expressed).

The more you do, early on, the more you'll feel comfortable doing - so that you can take care of the baby just as well as your better half - so if she's ill, tired, just needs a break, you can do it all without needing to mither her.

Don't let there be things you can't / won't do for the baby - because being able to manage all things yourself, I found, was very useful, especially in the early months.

Hope mum and baby are both doing fine and are healthy.

Neil":a0xvtwyp said:

Get in there from the off (even if they're both in hospital for a couple of days) - do as much if not more than mum for things like nappy changes, baths, feeding (assuming bottles or expressed).

The more you do, early on, the more you'll feel comfortable doing - so that you can take care of the baby just as well as your better half - so if she's ill, tired, just needs a break, you can do it all without needing to mither her.

Don't let there be things you can't / won't do for the baby - because being able to manage all things yourself, I found, was very useful, especially in the early months.

some sound advice right there :)

twain":1e6y0gtm said:
Neil":1e6y0gtm said:

some sound advice right there :)

That sure is good advice there, its a team effort with children. I did as much as i could when my 2 were born not because i had to but because i wanted to. I know many fathers who have never changed nappies, nightfeeds etc which is such a shame.

One bit of advice is get some earplugs, for when its your turn to sleep if you are a light sleeper :D

And both of you will need some time away especially when the euphoria has gone, so a hobby once a week will do wonders.

And forget housework for a while.

And if the little one is crying and its making you mad, get out of the house it always sounds far better outdoors. I use to take mine around Poole park in the early hours with a travel mug of coffee and watch the sun come up :cool:

Latest posts

Back