Illegal off-roaders/motor-cross bikers !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
big.eck":18kpd318 said:
JamesM":18kpd318 said:
big.eck":18kpd318 said:
carry on , knock the guy off his bike and break his neck , your stupidity will earn you a few years behind bars regardless if he's tresspassing and dangerous or not :roll: thats what happens to have-a-go-heros .

It's a very grey area though. If Ian is meerly standing his ground to protect his wife and dog (narrow path, nowhere for them to go) and the guy is intentionally buzzing them then it's his own fault if he clips Ians walking stick and comes off his bike as a result. Ian could have been signalling for him to slow down with his walking stick!!!

very grey area , remember this > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/2074077.stm

carry on

Yep, and the case was thrown out of court cuz Fearon is a piece of shit scum thieving pikey!

If you clipped a walker on your mtb because they didn't get out of your way would you blame them? Of course not!!!

There's only one R in motocross.

And to paraphrase that great Scottish philosopher, big eck, carry on.

Tricky one :?
Although i think this chap lamping the rider was probably a good idea,in the sense that it might reinforce 'this is a stupid thing to do i could get into serious bother' thought that should be running around his head but totally disagree with throwing stones at him whilst he's riding along.OK if he's stopped and you can air your grievances with him then but not to force him to stop of fall off as that makes your behaviour as bad as his :?

FMJ":1u38m1nu said:
And to paraphrase that great Scottish philosopher, big eck, carry on.

Big.Eck is a motorcyclist and therefore his views could be misconstrued as being biased.
Just to be totally fair :p :LOL:

And lets drop the stabbing im with daggers hidden inside walking canes[A rear cyclists boon that bit of kit] or sticking something through his front wheel nonsense. OK, tongue in cheek i know but it still all sounds like chav central around here :LOL:

dyna-ti":fc28nt2m said:
Big.Eck is a motorcyclist and therefore his views could be misconstrued as being biased.

I am, too.
DSC_0043.jpg

dyna-ti":fc28nt2m said:
And lets drop the stabbing im with daggers hidden inside walking canes[A rear cyclists boon that bit of kit] or sticking something through his front wheel nonsense. OK, tongue in cheek i know but it still all sounds like chav central around here

Been biting my tongue in this thread up till now (aside from my pet peeve of people calling motocross motoRcross - don't even get me started on damping). I'll first state that I'm a multi-use trail user, using them for moto, MTB, and hiking. As you can see from the rear fender in the pic, my bike is registered, plated, and insured (I believe you call it MOT, whatever the hell that means). It's also quite a bit different here than there. I live in one of ten provinces. There's close to a thousand Provincial Parks in mine, the biggest one being almost half the size of Scotland. That's a whole lot of land to spread around for 10 million people. The trails are full multi-use, specific use, and single-use, or illegal. Due to the sheer vastness, the marking of them is sporadic at best, so you're rarely 100% sure if you're legal or not. That said, I try to stick to legal or grey area trails on my bike, am empathetic with other users, and give them the benefit by slowing down to idle when encountering them, especially equestrian (and I can't stand horses).

The problem I'm seeing pop up here is advocating the OP to resort to violence. He'd be picking a fight that he has little chance of winning, especially if it were someone like me with more padding/armour than a riot cop, and my...........temperament. I know if I'm on legal or grey area trails, came around a corner and didn't chop the throttle to slow down as quick as he thought I should, then took a swing at me with a walking stick, two things would happen.

1) With MX gear over top of Dainese body armour and a fiberglass/kevlar helmet on, the blow(s) wouldn't do a hell of a lot.

2) Having just been assaulted, and knowing my temper, I'd most likely go into the red, drop my bike, take his stick from him, and beat the living *** out of him with it, probably breaking a few bones on purpose so the message lingers for a few weeks. Some of the ish I've seen suggested to the OP in this thread will end up getting him hurt, possibly badly, and I find it to be cavalier and without any rational thought.

just sayin'.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting attacking the next illegal offroader that you encounter, merely what is the appropriate action when one quite deliberately leaves you in fear of an assault. As I alluded to earlier, the law is quite clear that if you held an honest an genuine belief that you feared an imment attack then you may use such force as is reasonable in the circumstances to render that attack nullified. It is quite reasonable to suspect an assault inflicted by means of a motorbike could cause serious harm or death, therefore I suggest 'the gloves are off' in such circumstances. Stay safe boys and girls :cool:

God what a lot of BS bravado is following on from this story ! ''I'm bigger than you crap '' I 'd beat you in a fight, my temper is this....jeez...are motorcyclists ( like they are a species of their own ) tougher by default...so don't tackle them.....

I'm usually a motorcyclist and done loads off road in Wales when i was younger. I'm also a cyclist and hiker...........and no i'm not going to post a picture of my flask to prove it !

Ian Raleigh":3r9wpeey said:
Been out for a walk with the wife and the dog around a nice country park walk and this c*nt on a big 500cc
off roader went by us scaring the shit out of us all and the idiot started pulling wheelies, within minutes he was coming
back to do the same...
This wasn't a case of a motorcyclist suddenly coming around a corner; he had already made one pass, and he was coming back to make another. If it were me, I doubt I could simply stand idly by and just accept it at that point, especially if I had my wife, GF, etc. with me. What would be the alternative, just to submit to this assault and let him hurt my girl as well?

Incidentally, although I think a stick to the spokes would be appropriate in this case (i.e., the case in which the motorcyclist is taking a second pass knowing that I'm there), I certainly would not condone clotheslining anyone.....UNLESS they had already hit me or my girl and were coming back to do more, in which case, the gloves are definitely off at that point.

By the way, I've ridden MX many times in the past, and I had always slowed down and yielded to pedestrians in those instances where I'd come up on them. I'm aware that accidents happen, but it appears to me that the cyclist the OP saw was purposely trying to intimidate pedestrians, i.e., he was looking for trouble, so why not give it to him?

Just one point if I may

I am to fat and to old to be doing a jason bourne diving to the ground then poking something through the spokes of a fast moving motorcycle with military secret spy accuracy

sinclair c5 maybe..wait..they don't have spokes dammit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back