If only I had more money & space....

Defiant":1wp07ar7 said:
al":1wp07ar7 said:
Al, i'd rather have a Skoda s110r !

i guess you are not alone,..and you won't be the only who thinks an e-type is not pretty (not me because i think it is) but i think you will be the only one who prefers the S110r over the Morgan ;) or atleast 1 of the few,..

and what other beautifull cars you can buy for that money is an whole different kind of question,..the morgan would not be the car to buy for that price for me...

Im not a huge fan of the e-type :p

And its totally senseless as I couldnt ever afford one, but a Morgan is a relatively cheap alternative to other "attention seeking" cars. especially when you consider the workmanship involved. And also that they are very very different to anything else you see on the roads.

I may take a Arnage over a morgan but only if I wanted to take the kids in the back of it.

Way back in the early '70s I delivered cars for about a year. These included every export Morgan that left the factory for the docks or airport. All the weather equipment was packed away on the rear luggage carrier, including the windscreen and side screens... so Al, goggles and a flying helmet were very welcome.
The 4/4 (1600cc Ford engine) was a really nice drive but the +8 (3.5 V:cool:was brutishly lovely. Of all the cars that I drove that year, and there were a lot, ranging from Reliant Robin to Rolls Royce, through Jensen, Porsche and most of the mid range family saloons, the two names that brought the most pleasure were Morgan and Alfa Romeo.
It strikes me that these vehicles provided a response and pleasure not dissimilar to riding a 92 Cinder Cone on nice dry flowing single track. :)

No, a Kagool and wooly hat would be more like it!

Al. "now where did i put that Kagool"! ;)

Back