Idiot dangerous driver boils my blood

I'm tired of it all. I cover 500 to 1000 miles a week and try to time it between the rush hours. I also take the 'quiet' routes away from the A14/ A11/ A1/ M11 if at all possible.

Tomorrow, I'll be off to Norwich but will probably go past Ely, A10 to Downham Market and up to the A47 from there. Very little traffic (apart from Ely) until the quiet mayhem of the Norwich ring road.

Re:

One of wife's in laws drives an AsDA lorry and loves it. He's a terrifying tailgater in his car, so fuxx knows what he's like in a 40T rig :facepalm:

Had a nice WE away in Norfolk recently but the constant Speed Camera signs every 1/2 mile with 'no cameras' , really ruined what used to be a lovely drive a few years ago. Then you get twats tailgating you in a Vauhall Vectra cos they know you can't get a move on. Never been one to intentionally try to wind others up for sh1ts n giggles. If some over stressed sales rep has to come past me, il always pull in, no ego issues.

Re:

I wish I had a camera last night. As I came out of Inverness a bus flashed me twice whilst I was sitting at 33 along a 30mph limit, before attempting to overtake me in a roundabout, then came right up my arse as I sat at the next roundabout before I gunned the horses and left him.

Just because I am driving an ancient jeep does not mean I am some old codger on a Sunday drive.

Oh, wait. I am an old codger.

Yes, driving standards seem to be getting worse.

I blame the immigrants.

Lot's of southern bufties have sold up and moved to the Highlands, where their Milton Keynes driving sensibility is totally incongruous.

My grandfather taught me to always drive as though you had your most valuable livestock in the back seats with the windows wide open.

Drive slowly and steadily. You don't want them to slide across the seat and end up hanging out the window. You also don't want to hug the verges too tightly as they might get hit by a hedge.

Imagine firing round the bend with your prize cock hanging out the back window slapping its head against the hawthorn!

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":kpv3wpun said:
Wouldn't the police be interested in your video?

They would actually....fuxx, I've been rumbled..... can you forward it on to your local BIB ASAP :shock:

Re:

Had a scare a week ago on Snake Pass.
I was 8 cars back at the rear of a chain behind a truck, in the dark and rain, with the ubiquitous Focus ST weaving behind me looking for a way past

Suddenly, he guns it past the lot of us, through several blind bends, and misses the car coming towards him by what seemed like an inch! Car locked up, truck locked up, we all shit ourselves and bunch up narrowly avoiding ramming into the back of each other...
I kid you not, this was within feet of the JMC shrine

M-Power":10a89mzv said:
legrandefromage":10a89mzv said:
I know that bit of road - I usually drop those sort at the corners (you know the ones).

The trouble is with drivers like that is that there IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

All you can do is sit in traffic and mutter to yourself as you are absolutely defenseless against this sort of driving. Ok if your car has good acceleration you can block them with the truck and watch them explode with rage but little else.

?? Wadaya mean man :LOL: Another occasional annoying one is HGVs trying to overtake one another in the 'fast lane' with a 0.000001mph speed differential over a 10mile distance. Common in Ireland too where all the cars have 5hp Eco engines so they can't overtake anything faster than an ant.

HGV's are only allowed in the fast lane of 2 lane motorways. Maybe stay at home if driving makes you angry. I have enough angry drivers to deal with on a daily basis ;)

Mike Muz 67":2sq4vg8p said:
M-Power":2sq4vg8p said:
legrandefromage":2sq4vg8p said:
I know that bit of road - I usually drop those sort at the corners (you know the ones).

The trouble is with drivers like that is that there IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

All you can do is sit in traffic and mutter to yourself as you are absolutely defenseless against this sort of driving. Ok if your car has good acceleration you can block them with the truck and watch them explode with rage but little else.

?? Wadaya mean man :LOL: Another occasional annoying one is HGVs trying to overtake one another in the 'fast lane' with a 0.000001mph speed differential over a 10mile distance. Common in Ireland too where all the cars have 5hp Eco engines so they can't overtake anything faster than an ant.

HGV's are only allowed in the fast lane of 2 lane motorways. Maybe stay at home if driving makes you angry. I have enough angry drivers to deal with on a daily basis ;)

If it's 'your' driving that makes 'so many' other drivers angry 'every day' !!!, then maybe you need to be more considerate and not be such a nuisance on the roads ;)

Re:

It can be frustrating when larger vehicles use the short stretches of dual carriageway on the A9 to play out moving road block maneuvers asserting nominal speed advantages, leaving everyone else stuck behind queues of caravans and such they could otherwise have passed safely.

Much more freight should go on the railways.

The most ridiculous thing lately has been 'allowing' HGVs to travel at 50 on the un-dualled parts.

They never ever sat at anything less than the limiter to anyone's knowledge.

North of Inverness they stick pins in the tachos, or the latest equivalent, and all bets are off.

Generally speaking the lorry drivers are reasonably considerate though.

It is the boy racers and willy waving bikers who really bring the darkness. If I live to a hundred I will never understand the attraction of lowering the suspension to the point where a car skits off the road at the slightest provocation, whilst so low in a bucket seat that you can't even see out your windows.

The sports bike riders are equally bad, hanging onto your outer rear into every bend waiting to pounce, passing with less than a hair's width then doing it all again when you have passed them while they stop to let their asses breath.

Back