I'd just got up to check the dishwasher when...

Re:

!

...if you need a witness for all that bouncing off your heid give me a shout! Where there's blame etc.... :xmas-wink:

It looks to me as though your tv was damaged by the fall.

Worth adding sound deadening when you redo the ceiling. Do the laths have the traditional Glasgow insulation - Cinders and ash on them?

legrandefromage":1crg4bxm said:
That can sometimes contain 7% asbestos so be aware of that,

See the whole asbestos thing ? Its mostly bull5h1t

Asbestos was manufactured in factories with very very poor extraction systems and certainly none of the sub micron filters in use today. The air in the factory was full of it. The workers went home with this dust piled on their shoulders, in their hair, eyebrows,noses and all over their clothes.
Every flat surface would have at least 2" of dust gathered on it. It would be on the floor, in the air everytime that was swept. It would gather in the rafters and waft down constantly.

It was in this environment they got asbestosis. Or likely after working in that dusty atmosphere for 25 years day in day out

I seen semi pro and pro level cabinet workshops with very similar dust extraction problems and have worked in areas where you go home covered in wood dust and mostly thats hardwood which is toxic. But the same level of panic isnt achieved when they see that.

Bullpup":1crg4bxm said:
It looks to me as though your tv was damaged by the fall.
TV is fine :D Thought a few chips might have been propelled into the screen but i cant see anything. Just really the area around where it fell. Whole thing going at once would or i think would drop as one slab,cleanly and if it wasnt for the stool and covered bench it would have just slapped hard into the floor. :?

bullpup":1crg4bxm said:
Worth adding sound deadening when you redo the ceiling. Do the laths have the traditional Glasgow insulation - Cinders and ash on them?

Aye,and keep from heating the family upstairs too :?

Far as im aware the lathes (might be spelled Lath,without the E :? ) anyway. It was a mix of horsehair and plaster,the hair to bind it together. Squeezed up between the gaps in the lath is what held it there.Possibly the clinker was added to provide some sort of deafening.
Many a murder has been the cause of noisy neighbours above or below you. :?

dyna-ti":4cduxzw3 said:
legrandefromage":4cduxzw3 said:
That can sometimes contain 7% asbestos so be aware of that,

bullpup":4cduxzw3 said:

Aye,and keep from heating the family upstairs too :?

Far as im aware the lathes (might be spelled Lath,without the E :? ) anyway. It was a mix of horsehair and plaster,the hair to bind it together. Squeezed up between the gaps in the lath is what held it there.Possibly the clinker was added to provide some sort of deafening.
Many a murder has been the cause of noisy neighbours above or below you. :?

Indeed. The bodies chopped up and disposed of by mixing with ceiling plaster..... which is probably why yours came down.

Did you check the rubble for humam teeth, eyes, bones .... :

Back