ID help needed: 15 old 'sit up and beg' bikes 1950/60's

Give them some oats.

Look, we aren't going to be able to identify every part of every bike for you. You have taken pictures. Describe them as best as you can, and put them on Ebay. You'll get an OK price, but make sure none of them fall to bits when you take them apart. Getting old bikes like that into a bike box is quite a logistical challenge, and if things are siezed you'll be surprised at how long it takes to pack each bike. Your time is worth something, after all.

As someone who has restored a lot of bikes of this era, I will tell you there's nothing special about any of those. None of them are really that old, and frankly I would suggest at least two of them are beyond repair(they'll fall to bits when you take them apart). Put them up here in the Road for Sale section (I suggest £20 per bike, collection only), or list them on Ebay and stop wasting your time.

#1 Raleigh/Rudge Roadster aged up to '55 I have a earlier rod braked version in maroon, the BSA is prewar no doubt but they're notorious to date. I wish I could find such a trove... I'm after a few period parts and am fairly certain I know someone to take quite a few off your hands if it all gets too much for you.

I have got some rod brake rims and wheels in with all the other stuff so Ill check when im next down there...

This is all on hold for now though. I might start selling some bikes off soon. Im too far away to make a real go of it though..

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back