I need Hope...pt2

epicyclo":269qmcbt said:
Bullpup":269qmcbt said:
I think Hayes Nines were around by then - certainly my Schwinn Homegrown 1999 has them.

I'd sooner use rod brakes than anything Hayes :)

Well fair enough but I suspect that these were made before the accountants took over. In any event they have no problem repeatedly hauling my significant bulk down from beer and hill induced hyperspace!

Bullpup":1b5bnp9i said:
epicyclo":1b5bnp9i said:
Bullpup":1b5bnp9i said:
I think Hayes Nines were around by then - certainly my Schwinn Homegrown 1999 has them.

I'd sooner use rod brakes than anything Hayes :)

Well fair enough but I suspect that these were made before the accountants took over. In any event they have no problem repeatedly hauling my significant bulk down from beer and hill induced hyperspace!

They work pretty well until the little bleed screw on the master cylinder pops off on a descent.

That's when rod brakes are better. :)

My daughter discovered this the hard way during a descent in the 'Puffer about 8 years ago. One second brakes, next, what brakes? (Only happened on the front.) Big crash at speed.

Bullpup":1jgdygju said:
Ouch sounds nasty!! I hope there were no lasting effects!
She deliberately crashed into a bush to stop rather than fly off the end, so apart from scratches she was ok and managed 3rd in the woman's solo SS class (not bad at 14).

One result - she refuses to have hydraulic brakes on her bike. Suits me. :)

Re:

It's 96/97 that's a number 1 Caliper I have a Pace mount for RC 3x that goes with that

FFTC, you may not have noticed but I have all hope stuff if you're looking

Re: Re:

boxxer":27dio436 said:
It's 96/97 that's a number 1 Caliper I have a Pace mount for RC 3x that goes with that

FFTC, you may not have noticed but I have all hope stuff if you're looking

Cheers. I'm sort of looking, but not really looking to buy right now. I would like to know what I need to know if I do decide to buy though. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back