I LOVE MY.......

Re:

The new V12s have a much slimmer profile (about 15mm) and I think a bigger platform area. They're way lighter too. The V8s were great and I kept them going as long as possible by repairing them but in the end they were getting too wonky for my crunching knees. I looked at all the others out there but chose to stick with DMRs. No fuss, classic, grippy, nice shape, bombproof :D

Re:

It scares me because I have gone soft since riding roadbikes, and it demands attention, skill and bravery to ride it well - the last 2 I lack.

I am getting better though - even jumped a kerb the other day :cool:

Re:

Is it like the gimp in the cellar?

I've got used to the quirks of mine after a couple of bad stacks – I think I might have the measure of it now. Though after smashing my knee a few years back, I'd still exercise some caution, particularly with it being early 90s full on rigid. Rediscovering and coming back to the thing in my later years, and after doing a lot of commuting by bike, I think I've improved in handling it...

Mind you, I'd very probably freak out perched on a roadbike with twitchy drop bars though.

I love my Raleigh even if it isn't complete it rides fast and i want it finished but i'm off me feet :( ..

Re:

I LOVE MY.......

Whichever ridiculous nonsense I'm building at the time and Sram 9.0sl plastic V levers as they are so nice on my delicate fingers.

I'm so easy to please.

al.

Latest posts

Back