I hate ebay! - struggling like mad here!

Thanks for the advice. I was oubid on a 94 Kilauea - gutted.
Then I got email notification that the sale had collapsed and it was back up at buy-it-now price. Bought it - Yay!
Only problem is now the seller has gone all quiet on me (I haven't paid yet, I contacted them for pick-up and payment arrangements).
I will keep you posted

Touch wood , I never had any problems with paypal . But they are bl....y expensive on the long run .

How do you do , personal cheques , or bank transfer ?

It is too much effort to go to the banks every time .

Try to do cheques. Slows things down but surely this is the most safest way to do anything. Bank transfer is ok but there is a "limbo period" that is uncomfortable.

Cheques are old fashioned (and im an internet person by all means since 1994) but I hate the fact that the only real internet way of doing payment is paypal.

They take a huge proportion out of the sale/received sum and generally offer sh*te service when their buyer protection system fails.

Generally their buyer protection system isnt worth a penny and should be ignored as part of their key offering/service.

pants pants pants.

I prefer direct transfer if poss, failing that cheque, or if over a hundred quid or so make the effort to go and see in person.
Tough on ebay, but with classifieds on furums and a few mails, you can get a feel for 'how real' someone is - for a few quid its not the end of the world if it goes tit soup.

Done, sorted. Collecting with cash tomorrow while I am over that side of the country with work. It's been nearly 15 years, and I am SO looking forward to this baby! :D
I will post some pics up as soon as it's all clean and I can confirm it's original status. This Kilauea is going to be ridden though - not polished.
And the best bit for me is - DX Thumbies!!! Thanks for the advice and guidance people, this really is one of the closest, friendliest, pink and fluffiest forums I have ever come across.
:D

Two new additions to the family ....happy days.

Look forward to seeing it posted in Reader's Bikes.

As someone said before: patience and don´t be caught by bidding spree.

I´ve bought a fair amount of MTB parts but vintage or retro is better in the sale section here or the classifieds on MTBR.

A lot of ppl think they can sell at better price in ebay than in local papers..

Back