Hugi hubs. Which year and how much they are worth?

Fatboy1974

Rocky Mountain Fan
Alpinestars Fan
Im thinking in buying a wheelset with Hugi DtSwiss 240 i found.
The black rim mavic x517 spokes and hubs match perfectly with my RM Altitude 1995, and rhe sound we know its amazing. Somebody knows which year are they? Pre 2000 ? Could be condidered period correct? I have doubts. Are 120€ a correct price for the set including an Xt cassete? Ive been looking for them, and not many here. Screenshot_20230903-214947.jpg

they started in 2002 i think, and 120 is a very good price for a wheelset. Just ask your local bike shop what he wants for just lacing a wheelset without any hardware.

I think the Hügi brand, pre-merger with DT Swiss are worth more. Hügi were high quality and completely serviceable.

Similarly, I have some early 90’s Swiss made Edco hubs and sound pretty nice too. Maybe those too as an alternative for your build. Either way you can’t go wrong.

I think the Hügi brand, pre-merger with DT Swiss are worth more. Hügi were high quality and completely serviceable.

Similarly, I have some early 90’s Swiss made Edco hubs and sound pretty nice too. Maybe those too as an alternative for your build. Either way you can’t go wrong.
Those 240 are not cheap.

Back