Howden Road Ride - Sunday 24th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same size as Dans (medium?).

Full Girvins - just sorting out new elastomers... or springs, M73* XT levers and brakes... black LX for the rest...

Is this definitely all on road? If so i'll do it on a retro road bike with 19mm tyres, but if we're likely to stray onto some tracks i'll change my choice of bike.

FluffyChicken":3g7ijgz7 said:
Can I add some slightly not quite on the road trails again?

Do I need to bring an MTB, or will the hybrid cope Ben, only running 32 mm shwalbe marathons ?

Its 100% on road!

Some of the very quiet lanes are a little broken up and pot holey but all suitable for retro road bikes.

If you can ride the Lincolnshire Wolds on slick in the mud. Anything should cope with the flat roads covered in ice and snow.

I wouldn't bring a 'fast' bike, just a comfy one.
I'll probably be full wet nobblies, so you'll be travelling at my pace :LOL:
Unless anyone has a comfy 3 speed grandad bike? Bonus points for rod pull :D

Jez, I seem to still have the little screw from the top of your MAG forks, found them in the jar I put them in for safe keeping :oops:

FluffyChicken":3v4bg5t7 said:
Jez, I seem to still have the little screw from the top of your MAG forks, found them in the jar I put them in for safe keeping :oops:

Well, its news to me mate, i can't say i've missed it, so no harm done.

FluffyChicken":ggcv5v94 said:
If you can ride the Lincolnshire Wolds on slick in the mud. Anything should cope with the flat roads covered in ice and snow.

I wouldn't bring a 'fast' bike, just a comfy one.
I'll probably be full wet nobblies, so you'll be travelling at my pace :LOL:
Unless anyone has a comfy 3 speed grandad bike? Bonus points for rod pull :D

I don't have any "Fast Bikes".

Of course they may have been fast before they came into my possession.

Point taken though, comfy and slow it is, i'm torn between an old Peugeot and a single speed with more comfy tyres, both would fit the bill nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back