How to Shred Like Ed - a masterclass

jez-4-bikes-max":ak51i536 said:
Genius. I think we need some pics to illustrate the techniques, just like mag masterclasses.

Like a hummingbird's wings in motion, such skills cannot be caught on conventional film.

However I can illustrate the ideal bike set up with Ed's Cream Descender (you'll note that I have fitted no chain, rear brake or indeed pedals as none are strictly required for the advanced techniques I detail above). Sadly I no longer own this bike, it is now with Mr Kawazaki who is keeping the flame burning brightly.

Attachments

• bontrager_side_on_103.jpg
    bontrager_side_on_103.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,811
cyfa2809":2jji5084 said:
yes i believe 'how to ride your retrobike properly' thread would be great!

Like the Debretts guide to etiquette, the Edwards guide to Retrobiking correctly taking in all aspects of Retrobiking:

The gorrect degree of glaze to fall over your eyes when remembering retro components that you parted with for a song before you knew better;

Ebay purchasing and selling etiquette;

What types of bars it is acceptable to fit bar ends to;

The list goes on!

(Though could you also include a chapter on getting on you Retrobike before riding it. I'd need a mounting block or at least a leg up from my gentleman's gentleman looking at the height of the seat post on that Bonty for I am but a short arse. Though with no chain he'd come in handy for pushing me up the up hill sections.)

Ed, if you get writing now you could get the book printed in time to hit the remainder bins in the post crimbo sales!

Guess you'll be going first at every Cannock descent then Ed. We'll all be looking to pick your lines, if we can keep up that is.

Do you have any tips for those hindered by suspension or tyres larger than 1.9"?

Gee Ed, I can see why you drop your seat 6 inches after looking at the Bontrager with, maybe, 15 inches of exposed seatpost?

mvd1974":1ndg1ymo said:
:D :D :D :D :D

I used to have my bike set up for that as you can see in the pic below... but now I'm getting older I try it with a little bit of plush/softness in the fork (speak: Manitou 3)... ;) :cool:

Stem looks a touch short on the ibis.

Latest posts

Back