How French is your Velo?

PeachyPM":3m35b4mg said:
legrandefromage":3m35b4mg said:
This was outrageously French - its mechs are now yours and it has been de-Frenched a bit since this picture was taken

Ah ha! Inspiration full circle.... the very bike that made me want to ‘French’ my Claud! :D

As for this build Allen.... very nice, love the paint job, but you seem to be taking more of a LGF slam bam approach to a build thread..no sooner started then finished! :roll:

Ps. In your rush, you missed a couple of colouring in opportunities, namely the brakes callipers and the gear levers.... oh and I see what you were trying to achieve with the crank ring nuts... just not sure it doesn’t look like you’ve just missed one! :D
Yes I know what you mean, I did mean to do a build thread on this one but with the shorter days and short opportunities to get the work done something had to give as I wanted to get it finished.

I did think about text colouring in and couldn't make up my mind on it but I may do it in the future. And yes 5 is a pain in the backside number, couldn't alternate red/blue so opted to make the arm the sixth and 2nd sliver parts. I even bought some white chainring bolts for it but one looked even worse than one silver one.

allenh":xq8sx9o1 said:
Yes I know what you mean, I did mean to do a build thread on this one but with the shorter days and short opportunities to get the work done something had to give as I wanted to get it finished.

Nice job anyway, but don’t be surprised if you attract THM’s wit.... I think I remember him describing one of LGF’s short threads as “the equivalent of a quickie in the back of a Ford Fiesta” or something like that.... :facepalm:

This one didn’t have much foreplay :oops:

here tout français… or better français labeled (i.e. MAVIC 430 SSC brakes and levers are from italian manufacturer Modolo) exept the saddle - I am still looking for a Reydell

TechSpec
frame set: Vitus FKC9 / Vitus Dural
headset: MAVIC 305 - authentic MAVIC 310 is prepared
handle bar: MAVIC 350
bar tape: Velox
stem: MAVIC 370
seat post: Vitus 24.8 mm
saddle: Selle San Marco Concor … I am still looking for a black beautiful Reydell
crank set: MAVIC 630
rear mech: MAVIC 851
front mech: MAVIC 860
shifters: MAVIC 812 by Simplex
brakes: MAVIC 430 SSC
levers: MAVIC 430 SSC
hub set: MAVIC 500/550 RD
rims: MAVIC SSC bleu
tyres: WOLBER professional
bottle cages: T.A.Specialites

Attachments

• IMG_0186_25 pct.jpg
    IMG_0186_25 pct.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 654
gridno27":3txtg0ld said:
here tout français… or better français labeled (i.e. MAVIC 430 SSC brakes and levers are from italian manufacturer Modolo) exept the saddle - I am still looking for a Reydell

TechSpec
frame set: Vitus FKC9 / Vitus Dural
headset: MAVIC 305 - authentic MAVIC 310 is prepared
handle bar: MAVIC 350
bar tape: Velox
stem: MAVIC 370
seat post: Vitus 24.8 mm
saddle: Selle San Marco Concor … I am still looking for a black beautiful Reydell
crank set: MAVIC 630
rear mech: MAVIC 851
front mech: MAVIC 860
shifters: MAVIC 812 by Simplex
brakes: MAVIC 430 SSC
levers: MAVIC 430 SSC
hub set: MAVIC 500/550 RD
rims: MAVIC SSC bleu
tyres: WOLBER professional
bottle cages: T.A.Specialites
Ooh that's lovely.

I had a similar but slightly later Vitus frame a while back that I built up and ultimately sold because it was a little too big for me, mine was blue and black and I did intend to do it in KAS colours but never got round to it.

I've finally managed to complete the Spidel group on this by getting hold of and fitting a Spidel rear mech.

It did have a nice Huret Success Titanium on it (thanks @legrandefromage) which of course was French (and this will get used on my next all French project) but wasn't really in keeping with the rest of the all Spidel group on it.

I've also had a re think on the chainset colouring in options as correctly pointed out by @PeachyPM, what I was trying to achieve didn't really work and I think this looks a lot better.

Attachments

• Meral10.JPG
    Meral10.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 483
Bon jour.... now that looks well balanced. Very well done sir.
How smooth is the operation compared to the Hurret?

PeachyPM":246f5v2f said:
Bon jour.... now that looks well balanced. Very well done sir.
How smooth is the operation compared to the Hurret?
I haven't had chance to test it yet, hopefully this weekend. The Huret was a nice operating thing and this feels very nice and smooth when run through on the stand so I'm not expecting it to feel that much different.

Right.....
Currently bringing a La Perle back to life;
Simplex gears, Durax chainset, Lam brakes, mephisto rims....I reckon it would all be French?
I'll list the rest of the parts when I've scraped all the dirt/dust/cobwebs off!

IMG-20180905-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20180905-WA0002.jpg

Back