How A Bicycle Is Made.

The web page says 1946.

The most alarming thing in the film was that bloke doing the frame "painting" by dipping, and he puts his whole hand into the paint!

Ian Raleigh":10yolkdb said:
I like the bit at 14:08 were that woman just blitz the tyre on the rim ! Imagine doing that after 8hrs :(
I'd like to see her do it that quickly with an MA40 and a Specialized TurboS :LOL:
Superb film, thanks for posting.

fiks":1stv5xbw said:
The web page says 1946.

The most alarming thing in the film was that bloke doing the frame "painting" by dipping, and he puts his whole hand into the paint!

I think he has a glove on though. Either that or his hand has developed some strange growths from the constant paint dipping. Must say I'm surprised they got sufficient coverage from just a quick dip.

I was also intrigued by the lining method, very quick and efficiently done. I was expecting someone with a fine brush.

Old Ned":3jo4enbl said:
fiks":3jo4enbl said:
I was also intrigued by the lining method, very quick and efficiently done. I was expecting someone with a fine brush.
It's more or less the same way that Jack Taylor did it except he didn't use the guides. If you go to roughly 12.00 minutes in on the Bike Brothers film on YouTube http://youtu.be/ALNsQpCL8LY you can see him doing it. If you've never seen Bike Brothers before this is another real gem, I still have it on VHS from when it was originally shown.

Ian.

Back