Wanted Hope Bulb 135x12mm rear end cap dimensions for machining

I suspect the bearing supports on the axle will be in the wrong place unless you're planning on machining them down to the correct locations too. If it's the black spacer, part 6 in the above diagram, then I can stick the verniers on the one I've got on the Trek. Machining that up would, IMO, be the easiest option. Are you planning to use a disc on this hub?

I suspect the bearing supports on the axle will be in the wrong place unless you're planning on machining them down to the correct locations too. If it's the black spacer, part 6 in the above diagram, then I can stick the verniers on the one I've got on the Trek. Machining that up would, IMO, be the easiest option. Are you planning to use a disc on this hub?
If you could measure yours and pass them on that would be great, as could get one machined like you say. And yes, will be running a disc.

Thanks
Greg

Bearing supports are in correct location, just the overall length may be a bit out..but should be easy enough to sort if needed

A 150mm hub axle in a 135mm frame won't work without extensive machining as the outer bearing is in the same place relative to the frame as on the narrower hub, so if you stick the wider axle in the narrower hub the bearing support will be 15mm too far out (basically touching the dropout). It's too late to go faffing in the workshop tonight but I'll look in the morning for you and get it measured for you.

A 150mm hub axle in a 135mm frame won't work without extensive machining as the outer bearing is in the same place relative to the frame as on the narrower hub, so if you stick the wider axle in the narrower hub the bearing support will be 15mm too far out (basically touching the dropout). It's too late to go faffing in the workshop tonight but I'll look in the morning for you and get it measured for you.
That would be great, thanks. And yes, understand what you mean about bearing spacings etc.. should be able to make something work though 👍🏻

For the disc side spacer the end to end including the step is 20.0mm, the step is 0.2mm. OD at frame end is 19mm, OD at the hub end is 27.7mm. ID of the spacer is bang on 12.0mm which means any clearance is on the axle side. Measuring a few different 12mm frame axles they seem to vary between 11.7mm - 11.9mm

For the disc side spacer the end to end including the step is 20.0mm, the step is 0.2mm. OD at frame end is 19mm, OD at the hub end is 27.7mm. ID of the spacer is bang on 12.0mm which means any clearance is on the axle side. Measuring a few different 12mm frame axles they seem to vary between 11.7mm - 11.9mm
Hi, thanks for the measurements... definitely helpful.

Any chance of a photo of the spacer if it's not too much trouble please?

Thanks 👍🏼

No probs. Oh, and the OD of the step on the hub side for bearing preload is 19mm

53664880515_b65ce88970_b.jpg

Amazing! Thank you.

I ran a tape across mine at work (didn't have verniers) and measures 20mm in length.

Seeing as though the larger ID of mine is 15mm, I think I should b able to find a needle bearing inner race of the correct dimensions to insert in to my spacer to reduce the overall internal diameter down to 12mm. The lip on mine is the correct diameter to butt nicely against the inner race of the hub cartridge bearing.

I shall run the verniers over mine this weekend to see what size it is. If all else fails, I now have dimensions to get one machines

Latest posts

Back