HONC 2015 - 12 April 2015

Re:

Car park is. ridden back to b&b for breakfast now matey. Full english with a side order of extra meat! :LOL:

Mike

Registered. Messed up the parking system as I left again! Home for coffee, toast and porridge.

Good luck to all. Now which bike shall I take? Light south westerly, warming to twelve degrees by 10am, possibility of showers later..........

kona.

Re:

Good honc, did the 50k on the fatty back around 12:30ish, weather was great apart from the head wind, interesting being pushed up hill!!!

Rode the 1st part with Mike until he turned off on the mans ride, then saw Rupe over cleeve common.

Sorry not to see Jason or Neil, how did you guys get on?

Re:

Dave and I came intending to do the 50, then decided to do the long first half and the short second half.

We got to the lunch stop and Dave was still feeling chipper, I was slightly less cheerful but was persuaded that this was the year to do the 100.

Unfortunately, this turned out not to be case.

With 20k to go, I was getting slower and had discovered that urination was now extremely painful.

We met a very nice marshall at checkpoint 4 who directed us to a little short cut that took us back to the track past Sudely castle that we'd used on the way out.

Result, 91k. The shame of it.
I'm pleased to say that in spite of the pain (various and too many to mention) I had a great day and met some lovely people on the way round.

100K next year.

Back