Homebuilt Custom Classic Single Speed Bicycle

Wow, I'm sorry my bike has caused such an up-roar!I personally messaged Fossala and asked him for his advice as I was not aware that two brakes were a minimum legal requirement. Especially as I've seen so many single speeders with just one. I'm going to correct this and fit the other brake as I definitely would want to be selling something illegal.

As regards to it being cheap, I'm sorry but I'm not wealthy enough to spend circa +£800 on fancy parts, but they have proved not to be poor quality. I've used those components on old frames I've messed around with while building and playing around with single speeds over the years and they've never failed or had any corrosion; the oldest are easily over a decade old and perfect. I admit I always give them a clean and wipe down with GT85 and they probably wouldn't last if left to the elements uncleaned.

The whole point of this bike was to have some fun, the sort of thing you go down to the pub or cafe to talk endless non-sense about bikes, cars, lasses etc... I love those 1960's colours, so I definitely didn't pick those 5 spoke wheels for their performance credentials; I just wanted all the other bits to be chrome for that period look.

Safety points I will always consider and will happily be educated on; I am not a bike expert and always learning.

I have no aversion to positive advice but I believe it is good etiquette to include a solution if harshly criticising something though. I mean, how would we ever learn...

We do have a policy of not allowing commentary on prices, whether trying to be helpful or otherwise. I have removed a post containing offensive and threatening language. Let's play nicely please.

Re:

Well said raidan73. I would welcome a comment on the price of my bike - if allowed. Or any kind of comment in fact! See my REVELL of LONDON ad.

Re: rudeness on the forum

How unnecessary!
I think the moderators should have intervened early on this one.
A very graceful reply from James the original poster who must be. Wondering what he's got himself into.
Bit of tolerance and kindness please.

Back