Holdsworth Monsoon Frame Numbering

Nice work Dave.....

Re:

I am rebuilding a Holdsworth Monsoon 24176.

The frame is fully restored and I have sourced a Simplex derailleur, but I am unsure what
wheels, brakes, chainsets were supplied as original.

All the images I have seen have been updated.

Can anyone help.

Latest updates, done nearly 3K miles now. Dropped the 27" wheel in favor of 700c to get some decent tyres on it. Took of front gear change as it didn't contribute much. In all lost over 1Kg in weight and goes like a dream now with better tyres.

Also replaced the gears with std. 3sp for a bit of fun. Having ridden the fixie for over a year now this makes a good winter bike with a slightly higher/lower option & light mudguards. Both running 1/8" chain.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 222
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 222
Interesting.

I restored a very old Monsoon frame, but stayed with the original spec derailleur which was not easy to locate and restore, but it fitted correctly on the rear forks.

I used Weinmann brakes and wheel rims, Normandy wide flange hubs, and alloy handlebars and stem, and alloy chaingear.

Yes, I had one while at school that I inherited from a relative. I am sure that one had the Cyclo gears on it from new, I am told you could have what ever you want fitted at the time so I guess thats why mine had the Cyclo. Tried to recreate it now.

Back