Hi guys, I recently acquired this.... Maz Racing/Cycle Tech

Sparrow

Devout Dirtbag
Hi guys, I recently acquired this.... Maz Racing/Cycle Tech

I have found no info about Maz racing or Cycle Tech from internet, although there is a US company called Cycle Tech, their website is a train wreck, and no mention of Maz Racing... anyone recognise the name...
I think it is 1990/1993 going by the Shimano group equipment..
F Cranks FC M730
F wheel Hub HB M730
R wheel hub M732
F derailleur M735
Brakes, Front and back M732
Rear deraillleur RD M735
Shifter/brake levers M091
The handy frame pocket/bag containing my tools was pinched today :(

bike2.jpg

Hi Sparrow,

It looks unloved but looks to be of quality parts, I would guess at around 1990 /1991, to me more 1990 for the age as the brakes are not low profile which were 1991 iirc.

Is it aluminum frame ? and also spy a 1/14 headset :cool:

What are you plans for the beasty, i see some fresh slicks in the pick ;)

Gravy Monster":p3w4jzq7 said:
Hi Sparrow,

It looks unloved but looks to be of quality parts, I would guess at around 1990 /1991, to me more 1990 for the age as the brakes are not low profile which were 1991 iirc.

Is it aluminum frame ? and also spy a 1/14 headset :cool:

What are you plans for the beasty, i see some fresh slicks in the pick ;)

The tyres came with it it...(it was free BTW), and are now on and I have covered a good few miles on it.. (for an old unfit smoker who has not cycled for 30 years) I have visited my parents' 50 miles away , and returned from there twice, but cheated slightly by getting the tube 4 stops or so...
I think the frame is Alu, and I am sure you are correct about the headset, an old mate of mine runs what used to be a backstreet LBS and gave it a look over.. (his shop now sells bikes that would make Chris Boardman back away saying "it's a bit out of my range, I only wanted an old banger to do the Tour de France on" ). He (my mate, not Chris Boardman) noticed a slight prob with the headset, and warned me that they were difficult to replace these days.....
All I can see on the head is "Rambo 707W", I have only just noticed that and have not tried to look it up, could it be 1 1/2 " reduced?

That is great for nowt :cool:

1 1/4 headsets are very scarce nowadays, If it is alu then check for cracks in the usual area's esp round headset, early alloy was prone for this as I know from my saracen :roll:

Im glad you are riding it, I really like the look of it.

Sparrow, showing his 100% noobness to all things bicycle has just gone downstairs with a fridge magnet, and can confirm (?) that the frame is not magnetic, and that the front forks are.....

it looks like a generic asian frame from the early 90's well 93 or so
if you look up coyote ultralite ,falcon gladiator , on tinternet youll find
this style of frame ,think even the later alpinestars (c330) are like this
ohh claude butler used them too ,and others
think alcoa made these frames ,but others may too
will be light and quite nice to ride

welcome btw

mike

Re: Hi guys, I recently acquired this.... Maz Racing/Cycle T

Sparrow":3t2vvtqe said:
The handy frame pocket/bag containing my tools was pinched today :(

It's a good job that some thieves are very undiscerning (a shame that you lost the tools though).

CycleTech was quite big in Holland. It could be the brand was Dutch or that a Dutch branch was part of a larger international operation. The frames look quite generic to me too. They do not count as the most refined frames in the marketplace. There were many levels in the CT line up. From 1000 guilder bikes to XTR specced full suspensions. Never was the frame the highlight. I think it was always the part that they saved on to make a certain component level at an attractive price point possible. CT also carried a lot parts with their own name on it. A couple years before it really took of with other brands.

Latest posts

Back