Hetchins track frameset - fully chromed, super rare.

Slimtim

Retro Guru
As I need to raise some cash for the purchase of some 'modern' road gear this lovely frameset is up for sale.

It is a 57cm Track Supreme frame with Mountain King lugs. It comes with a drilled front fork and interestingly also has the potential to be drilled for a rear brake - the brake bridge has a 'softmetal' plug in it which can be removed (unlikely I know that anyone would want to do that).

The frame is from 1966 and is believed to have been chromed by Hetchins (i have been told that the style of lug lining confirms this). It was originally blue in colour. As a result, the chroming on the frame is more recent than that on the fork. I would say that the chrome on the frame is 9/10 while the forks are 7/10. The lugs are lined and the decals are red/gold carousel design.

The frame has been verified by the registrar of the Hetchins owners club. It is absolutely beautiful!

The price is £450 posted (in the UK).

I have a number of other parts which I had collected to complete the build including Campagnolo pista headset, Campagnolo 151 BCD 170 mm pista cranks with track chainring, Campagnolo pista bottom bracket, Campagnolo pista track wheels (see separate listing), Cinelli steel track bars and stem (would ideally need to be rechromed) all of which are period correct (from 1966 to 196:cool: and I would be happy to discuss creating a complete package. All items available to view in SW London.

Latest posts

Back